Midland States Bank

www.midlandsb.com
  www.midlandsb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Midland States Bank

Low morale, elitist environment, HR calamity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL

I have been working at Midland States Bank

Pros

Great ancillary training; some mid-level managers that are fantastic - motivating, smart, very qualified.

Cons

Isolated senior management; too many decisions based on personality and not analysis and relevance. Disresgard for employee chosen career paths for personal agendas - HR is a significant failure. (see interview review for comments provided by someone else) It's like having to relive high school and not being in the small 'it' crowd all over again for most of the staff.

Take off your blinders; survey employees and find our what's really going on. Listen and react.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Midland States Bank (View Most Recent)

Excellent

I have been working at Midland States Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growth opportunities
    Multiple areas of responsibility depending upon field of focus
    Fast-paced
    Customer oriented
    Innovative

Cons

Growing pains
    Change management
    Lean staffing but large growth goals

2 Years and not one complaint

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waterloo, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waterloo, IL

I have been working at Midland States Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the only company I have ever had the honor to work for that keeps it's promises to every customer and every employee. I cannot describe the lengths everyone from our President to our CSR s go to in order to insure each individual is treated with respect, dignity and personal consideration. Any issues that arise are solved based on the customer or employee's need and what is right to do in the situation no matter if it is at a loss to the company. If it is good and right to do, that is the course that is taken to resolve an issue or concern. The benefits include the obvious financial pluses but also personal development, focus on healthy living, family benefits and a deep honest interest in emotionally, physically and mentally healthy employees. The focus on growing and developing our communities is strong and we are encouraged to participate in or organize community events. Our Executive team are the caliber of people rarely found and we are strong as a whole because there are no weak links. Google was rated the top company to work for..... obviously the panel didn't include any Midland States Bank employees!

Cons

There is nothing to complain about when working at MSB. It is extremely fast paced and high expectations but that is nothing to complain about, you work hard and do your best... it's work. If you are in a position that doesn't focus on your strengths, they will get you in one that does or help you get onto the correct path to a career where you can excel. We all work hard at our careers and on ourselves personally to come together and be a company we can all be proud to work for.

Keep doing what you are doing! Thank you for everything you work so hard to do for our communities, customers and us, your employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Midland States Bank