There are newer employer reviews for Midwest-CBK

CBK was an outstanding and respected employer until it was merged with sister company Midwest of Cannon Falls.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Autonomy of professionals on the team, respectful relationship among co-workers at all levels, high level of customer satisfaction, personal on-the-job satisfaction, strongly fostered atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration, very high level of respect for the company from the customer community and from suppliers - known for high integrity, creativity, fairness.

Cons

Post-merger requirement to abandon business model and adopt the business model of sister company which was incompatible with remaining successful. Poor relationship between corporate staffs of the two companies. Disrespect and disregard shown to CBK staff by Midwest management. Dishonesty in communication from Midwest to CBK.

Advice to Management

Too late as the damage was done and the merged companies have now been sold. A venerable company is now in the hands of a company with apparently little to no interest in moving forward with this business. At least they have acquired a good sales force which hopefully they will treat with the respect they deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for Midwest-CBK

1. The best company I have ever worked for. Their training is top notch and their product is the best.

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Union City, TN
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Union City, TN

Pros

Training, Product, Mamagement, Pay/Benefits, Opportunities, Brand Recognition, Wonderful People To Work For...I was always eager to go to work every day. It was a fun job and a great way to make a living. I was selling products that I would buy for myself in my own home to decorate with. You are a lucky person if they choose you to work for them!

Cons

My territory was very large but that comes with all sales jobs; a lot of driving. Most days I was 100 miles away from home at the end of the day so I still had to drive home and then do my paper work and plan for the next day.

Advice to Management

You are a great group of people. But sometimes you should have individual opinions and not always play "follow the leader".

2. Account manager Less than one star

Pros

Product Designers are so talented. The sales director from Texas seems to care about her employees.

Cons

Too many to list. Howard Ganz the owner does not care one iota about the people who work for him and make him rich. 50% employee turnover. I doubt this company's practices are legal.