Midwest Research Institute

www.mriresearch.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Midwest Research Institute

Great place to work, wish my contract was longer

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Kansas City, MO

Pros

MRI is known in Kansas City as one of the best places to work at. The work/life balance couldn't be better. They really take care of their people. If you have the science background they're looking for then you will really be happy here. I loved working with really smart people that don't look down on anyone.

Cons

Most jobs at MRI seem to require a strong science background and likely having an advanced degree unless you're talking HR or accounting. Some of the offices and labs have not been renovated since the 40's but I think they are slowly working to upgrade the building.

Advice to Management

Can't think of much although I was only there for a short while.

Other Employee Reviews for Midwest Research Institute

Benefits decent, but management could be better.

Former Employee - Associate Chemist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Associate Chemist in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Pretty good benefits: Health, vision, and dental; 401K; insurance; company credit plan; suitable PTO and sick leave. Most of the managers are willing to work with you on flexible schedules and it's usually pretty easy to get time off at the last minute. Get the whole week between Christmas and New Years off because the institute is closed.

Cons

The management isn't always in touch with the low men on the totum pole. Most of the research groups are very clicky and there is a big problem with gossip. On more than one occasion I was in a group that resorted to tattle telling to the boss to get someone in trouble and the group leaders didn't take the time to find out what was going on.

Advice to Management

See downsides

2. My MRI

Pros

Great benefits, flexible hours. Loved the fact that they have different shifts and you are able to go on different projects if needed.

Cons

shifts have the ability to over lap. There are no set hours which can be a good or bad thing. Lab is 24 hrs, which means it is open all HOLIDAYS.

Advice to Management

I honestly think Midwest Research Institute is going in the right direction. To truly operate at full steam they definitely need more workers.