Milestone Internet Marketing
www.milestoneinternet.com Santa Clara, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Not a great company - but great coworkers

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe other account managers are very nice and friendly. These guys are SEO rockstars! You'll make some great friends while you refine your trade.

Cons* Upper Management is very strict with their Account Managers.

* You will be expected to always keep office hours, don't think about skipping out on Friday at 4:45... you're not allowed.

* You'll be expected to work more than 40 hours a week. On a salary pay, this is fine except they don't let you acquire comp hours.

* The work can be very repetitive at times. Filling out the exact same ROI report for 50 accounts, doing the same linkbuilding for 50 plus accounts, and so forth.

* There are LOTS of meetings!

* The bay area is full of jobs with lots of cool perks, gym memberships, free food, etc... this isn't one of them. They occasionally do little parties, but the culture there is so "Forced" it didn't really feel natural or fun (At least for me)

* Super high turn over! Seriously have never seen people move in and out of a job so fast. Management will tell you that these people couldn't cut it.. and that makes you more dedicated than they are, blah blah, blah. Management (Benu) will often tell you just how lucky you are to be working there and given SO many opportunities! For me, I had trouble drinking the kool aid, but maybe that works for some folks.

* There is some serious favoritism going on here. I've always been a very hard worker, but never a cool kid. So I was never on the "Dream team". Not being bitter here, it just seemed a little high schoolish.

* So about half way into my time at Milestone, the CEO brought in a "Leadership Skills Trainer". This consisted of a series of lectures on how to be an effective leader. The presenter came in something like once a week, for 6 weeks, for a 3-4 hour presentation each time. This in itself is a good thing to do for your employees. The problem is they paid for about 25 account managers to attend, but they had 30 account managers on staff. So myself, and 4 others were told that we simply didn't possess any leadership ability at the time, but maybe down the road there would be other opportunities to prove our leadership. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to have almost the ENTIRE company in a room for a presentation that you were deemed not worthy to sit in??? It's very uncomfortable.... That's when I decided to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would help with turnover if you built a less stressful culture for the account managers.

Learned a lot, but not worth the pain, stress and toxic environment

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros: At Milestone Internet Marketing, you can learn a lot if you are willing to put in a lot of time and effort and work after… Cons: Lots of tedious tasks. Too many clients per account manager. Senior management is emotional and often yells at staff and leads by fear. Management is very controlling, rude… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to manage your staff and don't make employees try to turn against each other. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to learn about SEO.. but not a great place for long term.

Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros: Great Product Great SEO knowledge training Great place to launch your career and… Cons: No benefits of working 3+ years like more PTO, SICK Pay etc No snacks or company goods in kitchen Very little Social Beneifts Long Hours Low Pay ( working… Advice to Senior Management: Overall you guys have a great product.. but if you can provide some incentives to your employees to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Milestone Internet Marketing.

Worked for Milestone Internet Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milestone Internet Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Milestone Internet Marketing CEO Anil Aggarwal. All reviews posted anonymously by Milestone Internet Marketing employees.