Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com
  www.milestoneinternet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

All things considered, a great place to work

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

Over the course of my career I have worked in various organizations and industries in the Silicon Valley, and when I look back at all my previous jobs, Milestone ranks among the top.

The staff here skews a bit young with lots of people right from college or at the start of their careers. I think that has a lot to do with some of the negative reviews here - people have unrealistic expectations of what a company can and should do. It's not all fun and games, free food and fun perks. You come to work to work, and management expects you to hold your own and get things done.

Do things get a little hectic at times? Yup, that that is common in any organization experiencing rapid growth.

Does management have high expectations? You bet, but those expectations are what has made the company successful.

Can the work load be a little overwhelming at times? Totally, but if you are organized and focused, you'll be able to handle it.

My personal experience has been positive overall. Management has been quick to praise not only me, but others who have shown dedication and a strong worth ethic. People with the drive to get things done are rewarded.

As far as culture, believe it or not, not ever company in the valley has a pool table, ping pong and foose ball, not to mention video game system set up on the game room like Milestone does. Not every company brings in breakfast on Fridays or has in-office Happy Hours with free snacks and drinks every Friday afternoon. It may not be equal to some of the larger companies in the area, but it shows me that management does appreciate their staff.

Cons

Obviously, no company is perfect.

Milestone has had a high turn-over rate in the time I have been here. The job can get intense and people burn out - that's pretty common in any company. I do wish management would at least acknowledge when people leave instead of keeping things secret. Not telling people if and when staff has left or is planning to leave can create a sense of anxiety in those that stay behind.

There is a 3 month probation period before benefits kick it. This is also pretty common in most companies. The problem is that often it is on the employee to remind management when they are eligible and the process of setting up benefits can take longer than is needed. It would make more sense for HR to be more organized and scheduled about benefits.

Process - I praise the company for having strong processes in place. But, there are often rapid changes in process and people often feel a little lost when things change so quickly. I understand wanting to find the best way to do things, but constantly changing that can create a confused staff who often has to ask three different people how to get something done.

It would make sense to acknowledge turn-over and to at least send out some sort of "This person has left" to the staff. Also, making compensation and benefits a higher priority in terms of being on schedule with reviews would make staff less frustrated about these things.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing (View Most Recent)

I Give it 0 Stars

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You definitely become a time management expert.

Cons

This place is simply terrible, turnover is incredibly high. Employees get treated with no respect and the pay is so small you might as well work in retail. The company does not care about you, they don't care about what happens to you or how you feel, they don't care that you have to work all day and night so you can talk to the team in India. They don't care about your needs or value you as a person - and if you can't get something completed, it's a "time management" issue, you aren't able to manage you time. In reality no one is able to complete the amount of work they require from you because it is physically impossible to do in 40 hours. 60-70 is more like it on a typical work week. You'll see the fake reviews where they state if you don't like change this isn't the job for you - very obviously written by management team. If all of your employees are quitting, don't you think there's a bigger issue here? And another thing, the company claims to be implementing "new" and exciting things all the time, but these action items are always followed by more work for the account managers. I wish that I could write a positive review but it's simply not possible. They should sell this company to someone who knows more about people and will actually say hello to the employees when they walk by without raising their nose at us.

Too many clients

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training and experience gained, a little too great. The knowledge that will be imparted to you at an entry level is great, you will come out of this job being an SEO expert.

Cons

The workload is way too much. The amount of accounts that must be juggled in a given week is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing