Milestone Internet Marketing

Engaged Employer
Add Review

Lack of Professionalism, Ethics and Morals

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

It’s true - the company invests a lot in their trainings; workers have the opportunity to gain much knowledge in a short amount of time. Yet this seems like a clear prerequisite. The high cost of the company’s turnover, is balanced by the low cost, inexperienced labor it employs. The average E strategist is a recent graduate, lacking industry background, earning an annual salary in the mid 40’s. This perhaps, may be another “pro” for the company; they only hire a particular demographic, ensuring you will be working amongst your peers - but few, outlast a year.

Cons

There are many! But I will highlight several high-level ones, as the change in these would lead to significant boost in employee morale, and ultimately, better the company in the long run.
The executive team focuses more on employee interactions, then their job performance. Customer satisfaction and employee dedication, do not overshadow the office politics that are clearly displayed amongst the executive team and high level staff. Behavior is constantly under scrutiny and the appreciation for your 50 hour work week is not existent.
Adding to this environment is the unrealistic account load endured by all team members. Few are able to apply much of what they learn, as they are expected to manage up to 50 accounts at a time. Not sure how it is today, but this overload led to many cancellations end of last year.

Advice to Management

1. Lead by example – Promote teamwork and positivity through actions; offer reinforcement and steer clear of trivial matters.
2. Practice what you preach –Apply user sentiment to grow the company; reduce turnover and retain the great talent you’ve acquired.
3. Put your customer First – It’s a no brainer, a happy employee performs better! Focus on the work at hand, and avoid irrelevant factors.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

Free breakfasts on Friday mornings. The Christmas party was nice. Other than that.... what a disaster.

Cons

Oh, wow, where to start? Most reviews here have already covered it. When I was hired, I was promised health care from day 1. What a farce as it does take time to set up. Still, it was fairly quick (I waited a month -- most wait 3 or more months), but my DOB was messed up and that caused headaches from the start! I was one of the lucky few to get fired from this place (really a blessing in disguise, though it was mighty embarrassing at the time), but wow... not even when it was time for my W4 to arrive did Milestone get that right! I had moved during my short stint and had provided my change of address, but wow... even that didn't register right. I think it's probably due to the fact that most people are running around there like chickens with their heads cut off.... too much to do to really focus on any task at hand. Yes, the attitude here among most workers is incredibly negative and you do feel a sense of gloom and doom the minute you walk in the door.

Training? Maybe some account managers got training, but I never did and therefore... I was let go. It was crazy as I really wanted to learn the business, but no one had the bandwidth to show me things and I was "senior level" and therefore expected to read minds and just grasp things at a moment's notice. Give me a break! In actuality... working at Milestone gave me the nudge I needed to leave the Bay area and get a job with saner working hours and a lower cost of living. I feel for all the folks still there.

Is the turnover as bad as people say it is? You better believe it. In my 6 weeks there, I saw 2-3 people leave per week!!!!

Advice to Management

Pay people Bay area salaries! Don't expect people to work 70 hour weeks for crappy pay and still have a go-getter and positive attitude.

MOST Unprofessional and Reward-less Job - TOXIC Workplace!!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- SEO knowledge buy you can learn that anywhere. The toxic environment is not worth the knowledge you gain

Cons

VERY poor management by President that trickles down to mid-level management, ZERO concern for employees life-work balance or work load, a lot of politics, playing games, very low company morale and very high employee turnover. Work load is just insane not normal - easily plan to put in 70+ hours per week without any acknowledgment or compensation to match it. Be prepared to be humiliated, insulted for small things in front of everyone and being called names.

Advice to Management

Stop monitoring glassdoor reviews everyday and adding fake ones with 4 or 5 stars instead wake up and fix the issues - you already know what they are! If you can't manage it, then own it and get some outside help