Milestone Internet Marketing
www.milestoneinternet.com Santa Clara, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Let's sell the dream...and service a nightmare

Account Manager/E-strategist (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsLots of great ideas, tons of innovative brainstorming, everyone finds their niche and becomes an expert in what they like.
There are specialty and support teams you can join over time.
This company definitely has a lot of potential in providing the best hospitality representation on the web in all aspects of online marketing.
Some of the brightest people I have met work here, and they are very passionate about what they do.
There are team meetings about company innovations and latest industry trends.
Senior management is very dedicated to success and smart in dealing with other businesses during decision making process, although - need some help with implementation internally ( I think, they are still working on it).

ConsExecution is a challenge when everyone is an idea generator driven by one decision maker. There is definitely lack of communication and collaboration between what ideas are to be implemented and by when, what sales will be selling and whether the product has been tested, and it leaves the service team in trouble.There are no clear targets or long term goals.

Operations team has an abundance of tools to manage clients, the problem is, to be effective - they need only one.There is no one place where you can look up everything about an account , which makes account management very difficult.As a result - team members often feel overwhelmed, overworked and under-appreciated, because they have to spend a lot of time looking up things and filling in manually information that should be available at a glimpse.

There are a lot of negative reviews about the environment. Environment is what you surround yourself with and you are part of it, stop being a victim. If you do not like working here and you are so miserable, it is a free country – get up and leave. I do not think it is fare to make other people miserable with you.There are a lot of people who stay positive and come up with ways to improve the operations, just like any company experiencing a sudden growth – it is a challenge. I wish them all the success.
(Yes, I have seen a lot worse)

There is no certification or further career development program , with the amount of different services they provide, I have not seen team members attend seminars or get professional certifications encouraged by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive not reactive: there is no time to invent, please invest into a good account management system for your team that is proven and works, you will get rid of a lot of frustration in a work place and make it effective.
If you made a decision and communicated to everyone, please stick to it.
You are no longer a start up , you are fully functioning successful agency - be one.

If you need experience, this is your company!

E-strategist/Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great learning environment if you need experience. Endless opportunities to learn and grow within the company very very fast BUT you need to have positive attitude… Cons: High employee turnover rate High workload but manageable if you or your manager… Advice to Senior Management: Develop your middle management, so that they can inspire and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid at all costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros: Free breakfasts on Friday mornings. The Christmas party was nice.… Cons: Oh, wow, where to start? Most reviews here have already covered it. When I was hired, I was promised health care from day 1. What… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people Bay area salaries! Don't expect people to work 70 hour… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Milestone Internet Marketing.

Worked for Milestone Internet Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milestone Internet Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Milestone Internet Marketing CEO Anil Aggarwal. All reviews posted anonymously by Milestone Internet Marketing employees.