Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com
  www.milestoneinternet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Let's sell the dream...and service a nightmare

Former Employee - Account Manager/E-strategist in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager/E-strategist in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

Lots of great ideas, tons of innovative brainstorming, everyone finds their niche and becomes an expert in what they like.
There are specialty and support teams you can join over time.
This company definitely has a lot of potential in providing the best hospitality representation on the web in all aspects of online marketing.
Some of the brightest people I have met work here, and they are very passionate about what they do.
There are team meetings about company innovations and latest industry trends.
Senior management is very dedicated to success and smart in dealing with other businesses during decision making process, although - need some help with implementation internally ( I think, they are still working on it).

Cons

Execution is a challenge when everyone is an idea generator driven by one decision maker. There is definitely lack of communication and collaboration between what ideas are to be implemented and by when, what sales will be selling and whether the product has been tested, and it leaves the service team in trouble.There are no clear targets or long term goals.

Operations team has an abundance of tools to manage clients, the problem is, to be effective - they need only one.There is no one place where you can look up everything about an account , which makes account management very difficult.As a result - team members often feel overwhelmed, overworked and under-appreciated, because they have to spend a lot of time looking up things and filling in manually information that should be available at a glimpse.

There are a lot of negative reviews about the environment. Environment is what you surround yourself with and you are part of it, stop being a victim. If you do not like working here and you are so miserable, it is a free country – get up and leave. I do not think it is fare to make other people miserable with you.There are a lot of people who stay positive and come up with ways to improve the operations, just like any company experiencing a sudden growth – it is a challenge. I wish them all the success.
(Yes, I have seen a lot worse)

There is no certification or further career development program , with the amount of different services they provide, I have not seen team members attend seminars or get professional certifications encouraged by the company.

Be proactive not reactive: there is no time to invent, please invest into a good account management system for your team that is proven and works, you will get rid of a lot of frustration in a work place and make it effective.
If you made a decision and communicated to everyone, please stick to it.
You are no longer a start up , you are fully functioning successful agency - be one.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing (View Most Recent)

If you need experience, this is your company!

Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great learning environment if you need experience.
    Endless opportunities to learn and grow within the company very very fast BUT you need to have positive attitude and go-getter mentality.
    Opportunity to obtain many transferable skills including account management, project management and SEO.
    Opportunity to learn about latest technology and tools
    Great quarterly events, Friday's breakfast and happy hour, company picnic and holiday party.
    After Milestone, any other job will be a piece of cake.

Cons

High employee turnover rate
    High workload but manageable if you or your manager know(s) how to prioritize
    Lots of process changes (expected at a startup level)

Develop your middle management, so that they can inspire and help Account Managers.
    Increase pay
    Motivate people

Avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

Free breakfasts on Friday mornings. The Christmas party was nice. Other than that.... what a disaster.

Cons

Oh, wow, where to start? Most reviews here have already covered it. When I was hired, I was promised health care from day 1. What a farce as it does take time to set up. Still, it was fairly quick (I waited a month -- most wait 3 or more months), but my DOB was messed up and that caused headaches from the start! I was one of the lucky few to get fired from this place (really a blessing in disguise, though it was mighty embarrassing at the time), but wow... not even when it was time for my W4 to arrive did Milestone get that right! I had moved during my short stint and had provided my change of address, but wow... even that didn't register right. I think it's probably due to the fact that most people are running around there like chickens with their heads cut off.... too much to do to really focus on any task at hand. Yes, the attitude here among most workers is incredibly negative and you do feel a sense of gloom and doom the minute you walk in the door.

Training? Maybe some account managers got training, but I never did and therefore... I was let go. It was crazy as I really wanted to learn the business, but no one had the bandwidth to show me things and I was "senior level" and therefore expected to read minds and just grasp things at a moment's notice. Give me a break! In actuality... working at Milestone gave me the nudge I needed to leave the Bay area and get a job with saner working hours and a lower cost of living. I feel for all the folks still there.

Is the turnover as bad as people say it is? You better believe it. In my 6 weeks there, I saw 2-3 people leave per week!!!!

Pay people Bay area salaries! Don't expect people to work 70 hour weeks for crappy pay and still have a go-getter and positive attitude.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing