Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com
  www.milestoneinternet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Please read if you're considering this company.

Current Employee - Account Manager/E Strategist
Current Employee - Account Manager/E Strategist

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a casual dress code, which was a nice change for me to get used to. You work in a cubicle, so if you don't like talking to people in a customer service/retail environment, this is a good job.

Cons

Like many, I read the reviews on here and thought to myself "maybe there are just some very disgruntled employees who are just looking for someone/something to blame for the problems going on in their own life." Oh how wrong I was.

Training. Or, lack there of should I say. You watch 5 minute long videos that go through a procedure extremely fast, and then at the end, you are expected to know it inside and out. Give me a break. If this company invested even half the money they use in their ridiculously high turn over rate into the training and education of the job, it would be much different. The very first day I started, every single person told me "you're going to be overwhelmed for quite a while". Call me old fashion, but any job that offers proper training/guidance would never make anyone feel that way. If you want your associates to stay for the long term, start them off on the right foot; NOT with the idea that they made a huge mistake.

The President is on a major power trip. She wants to be included in on every single little thing. Which, at first I thought was an admirable quality that someone that high up wants to be involved. However, I realized shortly there after, it's not because she wants to help, she just wants to make the decisions for you. In my experience, I think it's great when a President wants to know what's going on. But, there's a fine line of wanting to know, and telling the associates how to do their job every second. Give the employees some leeway to make decisions for themselves, and stop baby sitting. I remember sitting in on a mandatory meeting, and all that was discussed is that "there were going to be more meetings"...really? We had a meeting to say there's going to be more meetings? An e-mail would suffice in my opinion, but then again, that's just me.

Company bonus? Hah! That's funny. Why? Because I have been given three entirely different answers on how the bonus structure works. Let's be honest here; a bonus is a huge incentive for anyone to work at a company since it seems to be more uncommon these days. However, if you're receiving a different answer every time you ask about it, there's clearly a lack in communication. And for something as simple as how a bonus structure works through out the company (not something like "what would you do in this situation?"), that says a lot about how important (or unimportant) consistency and communication are.

Don't bother going to upper management on how to improve procedures and work environments for associates. I stopped trying to talk to them when I heard the president say " I love hearing from employees; if you have an idea that improves efficiency for our clients or revenue I'm all ears." Now, don't get me wrong, it's all about revenue for any business. However, what about the happiness of your employees? The work load? Balance? Training? As Bill Marriott once said; take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers. This simple, yet brilliant thought, is ignored. Which, leads me to my next point.

The president LOVES to change everything, all the time. Every week (I wish I was exaggerating), I would have trouble locating certain files on the shared internet drive, because they were always switching things around. For whatever reason, she (as in the President), loves to reinvent the wheel. She loves fixing things that are not broken, rather than looking at where the real issues are. As mentioned previously, she loves hearing from associates on how to make things more efficient for customers. However, she fails to recognize that rearranging everything, all the time, and making changes to things that are not broken, creates inefficiency in of itself for associates, thus resulting with lowered results for the customers.

Like many, I was very very naive when reading the reviews on here. But please, PLEASE reconsider before starting here. 37 reviews of prior/current associates giving this company an overall score of 2.6, with only 41% willing to recommend to a friend, speaks volume. This company can sell you very well on how much of a good idea it is to work for them, how great of an experience it is, everything they have accomplished, etc. From a consumer standpoint, they are great. From an employee stand point, stay away. What you learn from here, you can easily learn in any book or web forum if you tried hard enough.

Listen to your associates about how it is to work for you. If you took half of the reviews on here seriously, you would cut your turnover rate in half, and have a much prouder staff. I firmly believe this review will fall on deaf ears. My hope is for potential prospects to take this review, as well as all the others, seriously.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing (View Most Recent)

One Step Forward, tHREE sTEPS bACK

Former Employee - Department Team Lead in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Department Team Lead in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Maybe the updated “image” of the CEO on here, and the corrected industry (from Linens?) means change is coming. That would be one good thing.

Cons

a. Employees often hear the theme of asking for help when needed. When they do, they are reprimanded. Either told you didn’t look into the issue hard enough yourself or that others are too busy with other tasks or meetings to assist.
    b Executive team show favoritism and employees are often called out in group setting
    C promotion to team lead often quickly; yet only to those willing to carry out the execs vision without any personal input. Team leads are expected to align their vision with management on all employee matters, regardless of their insight.

It would help to treat all employees equally and respectfully. If certain departments are underperforming, don’t overlook them, identify the cause within.
    2. hand gestures used to hurry presenters along during meetings is very disrespectful

Let's sell the dream...and service a nightmare

Former Employee - Account Manager/E-strategist in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager/E-strategist in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

Lots of great ideas, tons of innovative brainstorming, everyone finds their niche and becomes an expert in what they like.
    There are specialty and support teams you can join over time.
    This company definitely has a lot of potential in providing the best hospitality representation on the web in all aspects of online marketing.
    Some of the brightest people I have met work here, and they are very passionate about what they do.
    There are team meetings about company innovations and latest industry trends.
    Senior management is very dedicated to success and smart in dealing with other businesses during decision making process, although - need some help with implementation internally ( I think, they are still working on it).

Cons

Execution is a challenge when everyone is an idea generator driven by one decision maker. There is definitely lack of communication and collaboration between what ideas are to be implemented and by when, what sales will be selling and whether the product has been tested, and it leaves the service team in trouble.There are no clear targets or long term goals.

Operations team has an abundance of tools to manage clients, the problem is, to be effective - they need only one.There is no one place where you can look up everything about an account , which makes account management very difficult.As a result - team members often feel overwhelmed, overworked and under-appreciated, because they have to spend a lot of time looking up things and filling in manually information that should be available at a glimpse.

There are a lot of negative reviews about the environment. Environment is what you surround yourself with and you are part of it, stop being a victim. If you do not like working here and you are so miserable, it is a free country – get up and leave. I do not think it is fare to make other people miserable with you.There are a lot of people who stay positive and come up with ways to improve the operations, just like any company experiencing a sudden growth – it is a challenge. I wish them all the success.
    (Yes, I have seen a lot worse)

There is no certification or further career development program , with the amount of different services they provide, I have not seen team members attend seminars or get professional certifications encouraged by the company.

Be proactive not reactive: there is no time to invent, please invest into a good account management system for your team that is proven and works, you will get rid of a lot of frustration in a work place and make it effective.
    If you made a decision and communicated to everyone, please stick to it.
    You are no longer a start up , you are fully functioning successful agency - be one.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing