Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com
  www.milestoneinternet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Terrible, terrible place--Run away as fast as you can!

Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I met some great people while working here, and we all got out together!

Cons

The turnover rate is insane--I was here for about 6 months, and in that time, I saw 13 people (of a staff of barely double that) leave. Senior management is awful (specifically the president who does not care about her employees and treats all like disposable items), the work-life balance is beyond horrific, no potential for growth, and you gain "experience" but only the type on paper. I cannot quantify any skills that I learned while at Milestone. I took the position because I was desperate for a job, and regretted the decision for the entire time I worked there. All the "innovative" systems that the company was coming up with could have been done with other tools in a more seamless fashion. The theory at Milestone is "work harder, not smarter."

Potential future employees--run away, and run away fast! Even if you are desperate, you can make more and gain more real experience elsewhere.

Foster growth in employees, train better and smarter, and finally--pull your head out of the clouds and realize what is going on in your company. No one wants to work for a place that works all employees to death, then hardly recognizes achievements.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing (View Most Recent)

Please read if you're considering this company.

Current Employee - Account Manager/E Strategist
    Current Employee - Account Manager/E Strategist

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a casual dress code, which was a nice change for me to get used to. You work in a cubicle, so if you don't like talking to people in a customer service/retail environment, this is a good job.

Cons

Like many, I read the reviews on here and thought to myself "maybe there are just some very disgruntled employees who are just looking for someone/something to blame for the problems going on in their own life." Oh how wrong I was.

Training. Or, lack there of should I say. You watch 5 minute long videos that go through a procedure extremely fast, and then at the end, you are expected to know it inside and out. Give me a break. If this company invested even half the money they use in their ridiculously high turn over rate into the training and education of the job, it would be much different. The very first day I started, every single person told me "you're going to be overwhelmed for quite a while". Call me old fashion, but any job that offers proper training/guidance would never make anyone feel that way. If you want your associates to stay for the long term, start them off on the right foot; NOT with the idea that they made a huge mistake.

The President is on a major power trip. She wants to be included in on every single little thing. Which, at first I thought was an admirable quality that someone that high up wants to be involved. However, I realized shortly there after, it's not because she wants to help, she just wants to make the decisions for you. In my experience, I think it's great when a President wants to know what's going on. But, there's a fine line of wanting to know, and telling the associates how to do their job every second. Give the employees some leeway to make decisions for themselves, and stop baby sitting. I remember sitting in on a mandatory meeting, and all that was discussed is that "there were going to be more meetings"...really? We had a meeting to say there's going to be more meetings? An e-mail would suffice in my opinion, but then again, that's just me.

Company bonus? Hah! That's funny. Why? Because I have been given three entirely different answers on how the bonus structure works. Let's be honest here; a bonus is a huge incentive for anyone to work at a company since it seems to be more uncommon these days. However, if you're receiving a different answer every time you ask about it, there's clearly a lack in communication. And for something as simple as how a bonus structure works through out the company (not something like "what would you do in this situation?"), that says a lot about how important (or unimportant) consistency and communication are.

Don't bother going to upper management on how to improve procedures and work environments for associates. I stopped trying to talk to them when I heard the president say " I love hearing from employees; if you have an idea that improves efficiency for our clients or revenue I'm all ears." Now, don't get me wrong, it's all about revenue for any business. However, what about the happiness of your employees? The work load? Balance? Training? As Bill Marriott once said; take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers. This simple, yet brilliant thought, is ignored. Which, leads me to my next point.

The president LOVES to change everything, all the time. Every week (I wish I was exaggerating), I would have trouble locating certain files on the shared internet drive, because they were always switching things around. For whatever reason, she (as in the President), loves to reinvent the wheel. She loves fixing things that are not broken, rather than looking at where the real issues are. As mentioned previously, she loves hearing from associates on how to make things more efficient for customers. However, she fails to recognize that rearranging everything, all the time, and making changes to things that are not broken, creates inefficiency in of itself for associates, thus resulting with lowered results for the customers.

Like many, I was very very naive when reading the reviews on here. But please, PLEASE reconsider before starting here. 37 reviews of prior/current associates giving this company an overall score of 2.6, with only 41% willing to recommend to a friend, speaks volume. This company can sell you very well on how much of a good idea it is to work for them, how great of an experience it is, everything they have accomplished, etc. From a consumer standpoint, they are great. From an employee stand point, stay away. What you learn from here, you can easily learn in any book or web forum if you tried hard enough.

Listen to your associates about how it is to work for you. If you took half of the reviews on here seriously, you would cut your turnover rate in half, and have a much prouder staff. I firmly believe this review will fall on deaf ears. My hope is for potential prospects to take this review, as well as all the others, seriously.

One Step Forward, tHREE sTEPS bACK

Former Employee - Department Team Lead in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Department Team Lead in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Maybe the updated “image” of the CEO on here, and the corrected industry (from Linens?) means change is coming. That would be one good thing.

Cons

a. Employees often hear the theme of asking for help when needed. When they do, they are reprimanded. Either told you didn’t look into the issue hard enough yourself or that others are too busy with other tasks or meetings to assist.
    b Executive team show favoritism and employees are often called out in group setting
    C promotion to team lead often quickly; yet only to those willing to carry out the execs vision without any personal input. Team leads are expected to align their vision with management on all employee matters, regardless of their insight.

It would help to treat all employees equally and respectfully. If certain departments are underperforming, don’t overlook them, identify the cause within.
    2. hand gestures used to hurry presenters along during meetings is very disrespectful

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing