Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com
  www.milestoneinternet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Terrible place to work. Avoid Milestone if you value your sanity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hire well. Co-workers are nice people and generally supportive of each other.
Free breakfast on Fridays.

Cons

Unreasonable work load per account manager. Service to clients suffers because each account manager has too many accounts to really do a good job for any of their clients.

Gossip, gossip, gossip, among upper management! Management will gossip among themselves and with employees about other employees. This is unprofessional and demoralizing.

Milestone is totally lacking in a sold internal structure. Account managers spend more time tracking down information that should be readily available to them. This is frustrating for the account managers.

Very low morale. People quit every month at this place.

Serious micromanagement. Account managers spend more time filling out silly repetitive spreadsheets than doing actual work that might benefit their customers just to prove that they are doing their jobs.

Clients are often unhappy because of the high turn-over at Milestone. Some clients have had more than 3 different account managers within a year. When clients are upset, yelling and swearing at their account manager, the account managers are expected by management to take the abuse.

Pay more attention to these reviews. Invest in employee wellness. Stop gossiping with each other about your employees and start to address the problems in your company. If you treat your people better, you will have less turn-over and provide much better service to your clients.

Apr 3, 2014Senior Director of Clients Services

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction – and that of your coworkers – is very important to us, and we strongly urge you to discuss your concerns with your manager. If you do not feel ... More

57 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing (View Most Recent)

The Chicago Office Needs Help

Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chicago Office:
    Coworkers: You will love your coworkers! Your coworkers are understanding because you're all on the same boat and are going through the same things.
    Mini Perks: Free breakfast on Fridays and quarterly outings.

Cons

Chicago Office:
    Leadership: Chicago Upper Management is dismissive of ideas/suggestions, gives new employees too many accounts too soon, doesn't inspire or motivate their employees to do well. There is way too much gossiping all day long... The whispering and gossiping every day about other employees and clients is unprofessional and brings down the company culture.
    Training: The training program means you sit in on a conference call with someone in California or you watch videos. It's not a real program. There are no schedules, no manuals, and no training materials at all. There isn't a anything you can refer to if you have questions. You have to ask people and you're made to feel dumb by Chicago Upper Management.
    Benefits: You only get 10 vacation days. There are basically no benefits provided.
    Company as a whole:
    There are weekly meetings that are a complete waste of time.
    Processes are always being changed and everyone is always being retrained on the new processes.
    There are so many redundant spreadsheets and checklists!
    It takes forever to get documents your client requests or sales quotes or contracts or refunds for incorrect billing, etc.

Leadership: I would recommend getting help in Chicago; we need someone with a background in internet search/SEO/eMarketing, and someone who has experience successfully leading a team in this industry!
    The Chicago office feels stranded because we aren't allowed to reach out to people in the California office for answers or assistance.
    Office Life: The office is really gross. Half of the office is freezing because there isn't a heater, half of the office has really small, ridiculously old desks. The kitchen and bathrooms are gross and rundown.
    There are always issues with the office regarding things not working. If too many things are plugged in, it sets off the circuit box and the lights turn off. The elevator is so old, it doesn't work on days it's freezing or hot outside. I would recommend investing in a better office that is cleaner, safer, and warmer.

Apr 15, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your time with Milestone. We agree with your comment on our employees as we feel they are best in class. In addition to the paid ... More

Most negative environment

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

The only perks, met some nice people. Did not learn anything to take away.

Cons

Has no trust in their employees and their suggestions. Always telling them how to do their job. Don't hire experienced employes and then tell them how to do their job. Horrible micromanagement by CEO, president and Management. If you want to constantly tell someone what they need to do and type out every email of what they need to say, then hire entry level people. They make you feel incompetent of your job. The perks they put on their website are so false. They oversell the offer to you and is nothing like what was told or interviewed for.

Figure out and listen to your employees instead if always telling them how they need to do their job. Maybe this will have an effect in the high employee turnover??

Apr 4, 2014CEO

Dear Ex-Employee,
    First of all, we want to thank you for providing the feedback. We truly appreciate your comment on meeting nice people, because we do take pride in our team and do believe we have
    ... More