Milestone Internet Marketing
www.milestoneinternet.com Santa Clara, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Learn A Lot - Then Leave

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

ProsThey do a great job at training their employees in how to properly do Online Marketing. Milestone will spend several weeks preparing you for your work load. (Which will be a lot!) If you want a quick crash course in SEO, this is the place. You can learn a lot, then leave for a better job.

ConsAmount of work = REALLY high! You can't ever give any client the attention they need, because you are managing SO many at one time. You will get the impression that expressing this concern is frowned upon, and looked at like it's complaining. So you learn to cut corners and do just enough to get by. Trust me, if you don't, you'll never have a personal life.

All the employees where really nice. But they lose people left & right. Clients definitely start to notice it, because many get introduced to their new account manager ever few months.

I've noticed a slight bias of the upper management towards their employees that are from India. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

Serious Micromanagement going on! Even if you have the best #s, the happiest clients, on every "special committee" etc, and you want to leave at 4:45 on a Friday... forget it. You better sneak out carefully! It's sad, but they SO don't trust their employees. And when you work SO hard, it makes you feel like they don't give a crap about you.

Also be very careful with pay. The raises are not existent even if you preform well. They have a bonus plan that's not really a bonus. It's nice that it's performance based, but it's still pretty low. It's distributed quarterly, from the previous year. So you'll never get the full amount of bonus you earned from last year when you leave.

So my advise? If you already know SEO, and just looking for a new job, go some place else. You'll be happier. If you really want to become a pro in SEO, go there, stay a year or so, then take off.

You should do what you think is best, I know some of the super positive reviews are from the management themselves, but this is just my thoughts based on my experience.

Advice to Senior Managementhonestly, I think you guys know people go there to learn, and always leave for something better. But it's cheaper for you to run your business this way.And any advise I give here has already been given, and ignored by management anyways.

it's okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros: - You learn a lot of new things and are… Cons: - senior management can be very micro managing, and the potential for time offs… Advice to Senior Management: - trust that the employees will actually get their work… More

Need to experience bad management to appreciate good management.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros: Milestone taught me an abundance of online marketing and the… Cons: Aside from all the learnings, it was not worth it to work here and be treated as if you were worth anything. -Upper management constantly forgot… Advice to Senior Management: Your company definitely has a lot of potential to grow (considering it's been a start-up for many years), but it definitely needs to be worked… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Milestone Internet Marketing.

Worked for Milestone Internet Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milestone Internet Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Milestone Internet Marketing CEO Anil Aggarwal. All reviews posted anonymously by Milestone Internet Marketing employees.