Milestone Internet Marketing

Engaged Employer
Add Review

Learn A Lot - Then Leave

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

They do a great job at training their employees in how to properly do Online Marketing. Milestone will spend several weeks preparing you for your work load. (Which will be a lot!) If you want a quick crash course in SEO, this is the place. You can learn a lot, then leave for a better job.

Cons

Amount of work = REALLY high! You can't ever give any client the attention they need, because you are managing SO many at one time. You will get the impression that expressing this concern is frowned upon, and looked at like it's complaining. So you learn to cut corners and do just enough to get by. Trust me, if you don't, you'll never have a personal life.

All the employees where really nice. But they lose people left & right. Clients definitely start to notice it, because many get introduced to their new account manager ever few months.

I've noticed a slight bias of the upper management towards their employees that are from India. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

Serious Micromanagement going on! Even if you have the best #s, the happiest clients, on every "special committee" etc, and you want to leave at 4:45 on a Friday... forget it. You better sneak out carefully! It's sad, but they SO don't trust their employees. And when you work SO hard, it makes you feel like they don't give a crap about you.

Also be very careful with pay. The raises are not existent even if you preform well. They have a bonus plan that's not really a bonus. It's nice that it's performance based, but it's still pretty low. It's distributed quarterly, from the previous year. So you'll never get the full amount of bonus you earned from last year when you leave.

So my advise? If you already know SEO, and just looking for a new job, go some place else. You'll be happier. If you really want to become a pro in SEO, go there, stay a year or so, then take off.

You should do what you think is best, I know some of the super positive reviews are from the management themselves, but this is just my thoughts based on my experience.

Advice to Management

honestly, I think you guys know people go there to learn, and always leave for something better. But it's cheaper for you to run your business this way.And any advise I give here has already been given, and ignored by management anyways.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

it's okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

- You learn a lot of new things and are constantly trained on new e marketing practices.
    - the coworkers are nice

Cons

- senior management can be very micro managing, and the potential for time offs aren't that great.
    - the pay is not as competitive as other places in the area.

Advice to Management

- trust that the employees will actually get their work done.
    - free breakfast on fridays are always a good thing!

Need to experience bad management to appreciate good management.

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

Milestone taught me an abundance of online marketing and the importance of being searchable on the world wide web.

Cons

Aside from all the learnings, it was not worth it to work here and be treated as if you were worth anything.

-Upper management constantly forgot employees names and mispronounced them during team meetings.
    -After all the hard work and effort put into positions, when an employee leaves, they still not shown any appreciation.
    -No one is allowed to take Fridays off because there are pointless meetings which last hours in a stuffy conference room
    -Every account manager is definitely micromanaged and checked on almost every day to make sure they're doing their work accurately
    -A lot of broken promises in regards to promotions and salary increases
    -Definitely no work and life balance. Employees work 8-6pm and often continue to work until late at night, often times communicating with their team overseas

Advice to Management

Your company definitely has a lot of potential to grow (considering it's been a start-up for many years), but it definitely needs to be worked on from the top down. Have faith in your employers and your employers will then have faith in you. Set the example and AT LEAST show up to meetings on time.