There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Technologies

Meaningful work that rewards you for a job well done

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a former network engineer at a much larger corporation in Silicon Valley, I am extremely happy to be working at Milestone and never want to go back to the corporate giant. I get paid more to do a more reasonable workload (40 hours worth of work a week instead of 55-60), and actually get recognized when a job is well done. I look forward to continuing on with Milestone for at least a few years. The CEO may be a one-percenter (as in the Occupy Wall Street) but he is a nice guy who wears t-shirts and baseball caps to the office and knows me by name and says hello when we pass by each other. I'm not sure why other people have beef with Prem; he is the owner and founder of the company, so he can micromanage it however he wants, but I don't observe him doing that. He has never asked me to do anything, so all of my work comes from my direct manager or my project manager. One of Milestone's major functions is recruiting people as contractors for its major clients, so I can't speak to that piece as I work at HQ.

Cons

The office isn't as nice as a multi-billion dollar company, the benefits aren't as cushy either (no stock options or 401k matching), but the higher salary and job satisfaction make up for that. There does also seem to be a disconnect between management and the "regular people"; not in a negative way, but just in a I-didn't-know-that-because-no-one-told-me-until-just-this-very-moment way. In other words, sometimes conversations and decisions get made at the executive level that don't always get communicated down the ladder. Some employees in non-technical roles complain about low compensation, but as an engineer, I feel like I am compensated adequately considering my certifications and experience level.

Advice to Management

Weekly meetings with the team would certainly help the disconnect in communication that seems to occur.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Technologies

Over-stressed and under-paid

Former Contractor - Inventory Technician in Mountain View, CA
    Former Contractor - Inventory Technician in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere can be somewhat chill. Management doesn't do a very good job of getting everyone to work on an even level.

Cons

Terrible management, takes forever to get promoted to full-time, even as an excellent employee. Bad communication from management.

Advice to Management

Need better communication and respect for lower level employees.

2. They took care of me

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fremont, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard and show that you care about your work you will be rewarded for it. Also, if something isn't quite right, you can go to the CEO to get it resolved. He is available for his employees and knows everyones name. Great work life balance, and a few company events each year.

Cons

I know they are working on doing this but automating a few of the everyday functional processes to speed things up.