Milestone Technologies

www.milestonepowered.com

Meaningful work that rewards you for a job well done

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsAs a former network engineer at a much larger corporation in Silicon Valley, I am extremely happy to be working at Milestone and never want to go back to the corporate giant. I get paid more to do a more reasonable workload (40 hours worth of work a week instead of 55-60), and actually get recognized when a job is well done. I look forward to continuing on with Milestone for at least a few years.

The CEO may be a one-percenter (as in the Occupy Wall Street) but he is a nice guy who wears t-shirts and baseball caps to the office and knows me by name and says hello when we pass by each other. I'm not sure why other people have beef with Prem; he is the owner and founder of the company, so he can micromanage it however he wants, but I don't observe him doing that. He has never asked me to do anything, so all of my work comes from my direct manager or my project manager.

One of Milestone's major functions is recruiting people as contractors for its major clients, so I can't speak to that piece as I work at HQ.

ConsThe office isn't as nice as a multi-billion dollar company, the benefits aren't as cushy either (no stock options or 401k matching), but the higher salary and job satisfaction make up for that.

There does also seem to be a disconnect between management and the "regular people"; not in a negative way, but just in a I-didn't-know-that-because-no-one-told-me-until-just-this-very-moment way. In other words, sometimes conversations and decisions get made at the executive level that don't always get communicated down the ladder.

Some employees in non-technical roles complain about low compensation, but as an engineer, I feel like I am compensated adequately considering my certifications and experience level.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeekly meetings with the team would certainly help the disconnect in communication that seems to occur.

Over-stressed and under-paid

Inventory Technician (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: The atmosphere can be somewhat chill. Management doesn't do a… Cons: Terrible management, takes forever to get promoted to full-time, even… Advice to Senior Management: Need better communication and respect for lower level employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They took care of me

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you work hard and show that you care about your work you will be rewarded for it. Also, if something isn't quite right,… Cons: I know they are working on doing this but automating… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Milestone Technologies.

Worked for Milestone Technologies? Contribute to the Community!