Milestone Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Technologies

Underpaid, undercompensated, poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Decent growth within company, expanding into a new building shortly.
- Partial Monthly cell phone reimbursement is nice.
- Get to work with some high profile clients.

Cons

- VERY underpaid here.
- Benefits aren't good at all. 11 days of PTO includes your vacation AND sick time. Very archaic package not reflective of the SF Bay Area.
- Management does not care about its employees, does not listen to them, does not embrace change, looks at cutting costs at every corner.
- Too much management. Nearly half of the employees at corporate are managers
- Sales team doesn't know what they're doing, rotating door constantly, very under-trained.

Actually do what you say you'll do, separate Vacation time from Sick days like every other company, hold more management accountable, increase pay across the board for everyone.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Technologies (View Most Recent)

Meaningful work that rewards you for a job well done

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a former network engineer at a much larger corporation in Silicon Valley, I am extremely happy to be working at Milestone and never want to go back to the corporate giant. I get paid more to do a more reasonable workload (40 hours worth of work a week instead of 55-60), and actually get recognized when a job is well done. I look forward to continuing on with Milestone for at least a few years.

The CEO may be a one-percenter (as in the Occupy Wall Street) but he is a nice guy who wears t-shirts and baseball caps to the office and knows me by name and says hello when we pass by each other. I'm not sure why other people have beef with Prem; he is the owner and founder of the company, so he can micromanage it however he wants, but I don't observe him doing that. He has never asked me to do anything, so all of my work comes from my direct manager or my project manager.

One of Milestone's major functions is recruiting people as contractors for its major clients, so I can't speak to that piece as I work at HQ.

Cons

The office isn't as nice as a multi-billion dollar company, the benefits aren't as cushy either (no stock options or 401k matching), but the higher salary and job satisfaction make up for that.

There does also seem to be a disconnect between management and the "regular people"; not in a negative way, but just in a I-didn't-know-that-because-no-one-told-me-until-just-this-very-moment way. In other words, sometimes conversations and decisions get made at the executive level that don't always get communicated down the ladder.

Some employees in non-technical roles complain about low compensation, but as an engineer, I feel like I am compensated adequately considering my certifications and experience level.

Weekly meetings with the team would certainly help the disconnect in communication that seems to occur.

Over-stressed and under-paid

Former Employee - Inventory Technician in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Technician in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere can be somewhat chill. Management doesn't do a very good job of getting everyone to work on an even level.

Cons

Terrible management, takes forever to get promoted to full-time, even as an excellent employee. Bad communication from management.

Need better communication and respect for lower level employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Technologies