Milgard Manufacturing

www.milgard.com
  www.milgard.com
There are newer employer reviews for Milgard Manufacturing

Once a great place to be. Now just a job.

Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

The people. There are some really good people in the organization. That are the reason that we come to work every day and keep making the effort while we wait for market conditions to improve.

Cons

As others have said, directionless. Cost cutting is not a strategy. After so many rounds of cost cutting and "right sizings" moral is in the pits and everyone is pretty much on edge all the time waiting for the axe to fall on them. We are no longer playing to win, we are just playing to delay losing for as long as possible.

Give us something to believe in. Give us a positive mission and support it for more than six months. We are all getting a bit tired of the too frequent changes in direction - we get 80% of the way to our goal and then the goal is changed and we sprint off on another mad dash to nowhere.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Milgard Manufacturing (View Most Recent)

Milgard cares about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

Milgard treats their employees fairly and provides a chance to grow with the company. They are concerned about safety and build a quality product with great service.

Cons

Slowdown in the building sector has created the need for creative ideas to provide qualtiy products at competitive prices. The company has made good buisiness improvements, but in order to keep costs down, many positions have been lost.

Fast paced

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

great people
    great company philosophy

Cons

CONSTANTLY downsizing. been demoted once due to lay offs BUT I was able to remain employed

Need to have meetings to listen to employee complaints or concerns one on one rather than in a round table fashion.

There are newer employer reviews for Milgard Manufacturing