Millard Refrigerated Services

www.millardref.com
  www.millardref.com
There are newer employer reviews for Millard Refrigerated Services

One of the best operator jobs remaining

Former Employee - Operator in Centralia, WA
Former Employee - Operator in Centralia, WA

I worked at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Local, friendly staff, clean functional warehouse equipment, clean work environment, clean protective gear, safe work practices and delicious Millard bread. The warehouse equipment is in great shape,

Cons

Few hours, unstable production machinery(worn out motors, hydraulic arm jams...), random radio noise and no exciting opportunities to move up.

This factory reflects my core mechanical belief that anything clean will work properly. There aren't any serious production line issues, staffing issues or quality control problems. This place doesn't appear to suffer from excessive management like some of my previous jobs either. Millard has much better production staff and office crews than anywhere else but it's still not a very desirable place to work because the production line can easily become clogged and unstable, effectively shutting down production anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I want to say maintenance should be more focused on improving these issues but from what I've observed, they do everything they can and more. I would say machine component quality should be a bigger key point in future investments but I don't have enough knowledge in maintaining bread making equipment to offer any valid comparisons or suggestions to what is currently in place. Thank you for making Millard a very safe and interesting manufacturing environment. I appreciate the time I spent here and my contribution to the success of Millard's goals.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Millard Refrigerated Services (View Most Recent)

Worst place I have EVER worked!

Former Employee - Checker in Gadsden, AL
    Former Employee - Checker in Gadsden, AL

I worked at Millard Refrigerated Services

Pros

My fellow employees were awesome. They helped me out in every way possible. But the upper management was a different story. I liked the work schedule; having three days off was great. The truck drivers were always nice.

Cons

It is cold...like 32 degrees and below. The management favors certain employees while totally ignoring others. There is no training program in place and they get upset when you don't know what to do. The paperwork is unorganized and the whole place is a hot mess.

Management needs to stop and think before they start yelling at folks. They need a training plan in place with a mentoring program. And stop unfair discrimination between the sexes.

A short term job, nothing more.

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services

Pros

Overtime is readily available if wanted.
    A decent, not competitive pay, for just out of high school adults.
    Health benefits. 401k.

Cons

Overtime is mandatory. Week days, and weekends.
    Pay is not competitive with other warehouses in the area.
    No structure, loose procedures.
    Management does not convey important information to the employees.
    Management implements changes in shift 1 business day prior to the change. That's not enough time to adjust our personal life schedule.

A slight increase in the progressive pay raises will raise moral of the workers.
    Please improve the communication with the employees on all aspects of the facility.

There are newer employer reviews for Millard Refrigerated Services