Millennial Media

www.millennialmedia.com

The company is what you make of it (in a good way)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIn a very fast-moving work environment, there are countless opportunities to grow and to find new ways to get involved and grow your skill set. Here, the main focus seems to be on how to make the company better, and make yourself better in the process. It's a fun place to work and really provides opportunities for me that I've never had before. I've never felt so in control of what I can accomplish.

Everyone seems to be very willing to cooperate with one another, and it's always fun to tackle a problem head on with so many intelligent and interesting people. There really seems to be a good cross-section of people here from a lot of different backgrounds and with a lot of different mindsets. It's refreshing to be able to hear so many different opinions in a room, and work together to find what will work the best. Nothing seems to be fully out of bounds, and creativity is encouraged.

Reading some of the other reviews, I can understand that the "culture" here may not seem to be for everyone, but I'd encourage anyone to make his or her own decision about that. It's really a different kind of company here, and a place where people aren’t afraid to try new things: It’s a unique experience that's worth a look. I'm really happy I came here, and think others would be as well.

ConsCross-company communication is a possible area for improvement, just like at any rapidly-growing company. Great strides are being made now to address this already, so keep up the good work and encourage the team atmosphere that’s really been coming on more recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCelebrate the diversity of the opinions of the company more, just like recent changes are doing now. Everything's heading in a great direction. Employees may just need a little push to build more confidence and find their own voice within the company.

So much potential but so toxic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Millennial Media full-time

Pros: The vast majority of the people at Millennial are excellent, fun, and hard working individuals. The company is well positioned externally in the industry… Cons: It all starts with leadership. There is a culture of not being able to question anything, especially anything from Paul. You have to constantly… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate, stop being afraid to say to much incase it impacts what wall street thinks. The employees are starving for direction and inspiration. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Tough Road for the Information Technology Employee

IT Engineer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Millennial Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Mobile usage is on the rise, which puts Millennial directly in the center as the 3rd biggest, and largest independent player in the rapidly evolving… Cons: The emperor has no clothes when it comes to the "Millennial Experience;" the benefits are nearly non-existent, change is quick and… Advice to Senior Management: Quit talking about how great the company, the culture, and its opportunities are, and offer up the benefits that can easily be found elsewhere in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Millennial Media.

Worked for Millennial Media? Contribute to the Community!