Millennial Media

www.millennialmedia.com

Textbook example of how a race to go public blinded and ruined a company.

(Current Employee)

ProsFriendly employees and work environment with relatively good brand recognition in the industry. The offices are pretty cool and are located in nice cities.

ConsLack of leadership. Inability to show that they care about employees (no ESPP or stock grants after initial hire date). Expecting a raise? You'll have to ask for one, and then ask again and again. Shady practices to 'hit the numbers' each quarter. You'll likely stay in your position with your title for 3 years. HR can't figure out how to pay bonuses on time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your ego aside and replace yourself with somebody who has experience scaling a company.... a lot of people and their families lives depend upon it.

Great opportunity in huge industry, but absolutely the worst talent level I've ever seen

Vice President (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Millennial Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They are in the right business and people get to work on some… Cons: Management, especially CEO Paul are just atrocious. The talent level is abysmal. I've never worked with so many dumb people before. Paul does nothing of… Advice to Senior Management: Resign, you guys are total jokes and have no business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unlimited Growth Potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Millennial Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My personal experience is one of unlimited growth potential. Employees that are willing to put in above average effort are very much… Cons: Performance management process could use improvement. Advice to Senior Management: Empower employees to make decisions with minimal approval processes. Encourage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Millennial Media.

Worked for Millennial Media? Contribute to the Community!