Millennial Media

www.millennialmedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Millennial Media

Fast paced good environment

I worked at Millennial Media

Pros

It was fun while the company was growing so quickly.

Cons

The demands were hard but we all worked hard together.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Millennial Media (View Most Recent)

A good place to start, but I'm happy to leave.

Former Employee - Developer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Developer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Millennial Media full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low stress opportunities to learn. Fellow developers are willing to help each other out. A few very hard-working people who really want to do some cool things.

Cons

An unusual amount of drama. Bad management. Very high turnover rate. The CEO bailed, and the board brought in someone entirely unfamiliar with the company to fill his shoes. Constantly changing business strategies that never seem to amount to anything. Business driven development is extremely frustrating because the business doesn't really know what they want. It's a very stale environment where too many people seem to have given up on higher career aspirations. Go to work, complete your JIRA tickets, eat lunch, go home. Developers (or anyone not in upper-level management, really) are not appreciated, and therefore advancement/raises are rare. People will ask repeatedly to be paid what they are actually worth, but by the time a raise comes around, they have put in their two weeks' notice.

It just feels like a car on a highway that has run out of gas. You are cruising, for now, but eventually everything will come to a crawl.

Excellent Tech Startup...for Baltimore

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Millennial Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast growing company with some upward mobility.
    Excellent industry to be in.
    Powerhouse compared to other local companies.

Cons

Disappointing level of tech culture.
    Everyone is satisfied with good enough - very few trying to achieve greatness.

I don't think there is much to be done. I think if I was an executive, I'd be pretty pleased with everything thus far, but at the same time, the current trajectory does not point toward a Google type success. They'll be a great tech company in Baltimore, and I suppose there's nothing wrong with that - it's just not very exciting.

There are newer employer reviews for Millennial Media