Millennium Corporation
www.millgroupinc.com Arlington, VA 50 to 149 Employees

Nice management, but being nice doesn't win and keep you contracts

Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsThe owners of the company and upper level management are upstanding men who really seem to care about their employees. Its a small disadvantaged busisness so they get special govt perks that help them get more money from contract bids than traditional busisnesses, which means bigger salaries for contractors. The Christmas party is awesome! Open bar, food, live band, door prizes, and best of all, every employee and guest gets a company paid for hotel room, even for those who live in town, to prevent drunk driving. For non local employees, the company pays to fly them in for the party.

ConsThe company tries to save money by not spending it on corporate headquarters staff, which in turn hinders development opportunities. There is only one recruiter who is NEVER reachable by email or phone. There is only one communications person who does nothing to communicate- no internal or external PR efforts. And there are not any full time proposal writers. The company relies solely on word of mouth endorsements from their military buddies to win contracts. And in a contracting field of hundreds of thousands of companies in the DC area, hardly anyone has heard of this company. If the company loses their contract with an organization, they won't have any other contracts to place their misplaced employees, and you'll be out of a job.

It's a boys club. There are no females in ANY management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on marketing and PR. Hire specialists and not friends. Rely on good communications and strong proposals to win contracts rather than word of mouth through select individuals. Hire females for management positions. Diversify.

Very small company

Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee)
    Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at Millennium Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very fast responses from HR department on questions. The… Cons: No local office, management doesn't make many trips to our… Advice to Senior Management: Send a representative out to the field offices more often,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Trust Factor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

I worked at Millennium Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people. Nice work environment. Cons: Lack of communication by corporate to those directly affected by their decisions. This was a huge deal for me. My annual appraisal was… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees as human beings. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Millennium Corporation.

Worked for Millennium Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millennium Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Millennium Corporation CEO Kevin N. Jennings. All reviews posted anonymously by Millennium Corporation employees.