Millennium Corporation

www.millgroupinc.com
  www.millgroupinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Corporation

Nice management, but being nice doesn't win and keep you contracts

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Millennium Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The owners of the company and upper level management are upstanding men who really seem to care about their employees. Its a small disadvantaged busisness so they get special govt perks that help them get more money from contract bids than traditional busisnesses, which means bigger salaries for contractors. The Christmas party is awesome! Open bar, food, live band, door prizes, and best of all, every employee and guest gets a company paid for hotel room, even for those who live in town, to prevent drunk driving. For non local employees, the company pays to fly them in for the party.

Cons

The company tries to save money by not spending it on corporate headquarters staff, which in turn hinders development opportunities. There is only one recruiter who is NEVER reachable by email or phone. There is only one communications person who does nothing to communicate- no internal or external PR efforts. And there are not any full time proposal writers. The company relies solely on word of mouth endorsements from their military buddies to win contracts. And in a contracting field of hundreds of thousands of companies in the DC area, hardly anyone has heard of this company. If the company loses their contract with an organization, they won't have any other contracts to place their misplaced employees, and you'll be out of a job.

It's a boys club. There are no females in ANY management positions.

Spend money on marketing and PR. Hire specialists and not friends. Rely on good communications and strong proposals to win contracts rather than word of mouth through select individuals. Hire females for management positions. Diversify.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Millennium Corporation (View Most Recent)

Very small company

Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist  in  Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at Millennium Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fast responses from HR department on questions. The corporate office weekly newsletter keeps all employees updated on company happenings.

Cons

No local office, management doesn't make many trips to our location

Send a representative out to the field offices more often, at least quarterly on a schedule.

Trust Factor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Millennium Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Nice work environment.

Cons

Lack of communication by corporate to those directly affected by their decisions. This was a huge deal for me. My annual appraisal was good; so were the frequent responses to my efforts; yet, within days of stated appraisal and a few significant 'attaboys', I was abruptly laid off at the end of a workday and quickly escorted off the premises. As a middle-aged, middle management employee with a family to support, this was very devastating. Their reasoning was cost savings in terminating the position that I held, that it had nothing to do with me and that I would be considered for future positions that opened. However, my supervisor informed me that the 'idea' for this action had been active at the corporate level for more than a month; however, I had not been informed of this major threat to my well-being so was completely helpless and unprepared when it abruptly materialized. I had considered myself not just a hard worker who could be counted on to respond 24/7, but a well-liked employee and team player. I am still in a state of shock and will be realing from this horrible experience for a very long time. It was just so unfair.

Treat your employees as human beings.

There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Corporation

Worked for Millennium Corporation? Contribute to the Community!