Millennium Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Corporation

Company Review

Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist  in  Fort Huachuca, AZ
Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at Millennium Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people that run the company. Very personable and offer a positive approach to conducting business. I was laid off during this past Government cut-back. If I hadn't been laid off, I would still be happily working for Millennium. I think they have a lot of potential for growth, but the Government budget issues is a problem right now, especially in the contracting world.

Cons

Health benefit packages are not very affordable. No consistency in Corporate Points of Contact. Seem to spread the corporate support folks very thinly, which means that some issues fall through the cracks.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Millennium Corporation (View Most Recent)

Horribly mismanaged

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Millennium Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

+ Company sponsored Christmas party with hotel room
    + Metro accessible
    + Nice people to work with for the most part

Cons

I worked for Millennium as a temp-to-perm employee through a staffing agency for four months and was let go three months after I was told I'd become a permanent employee.

Not long after I was let go, the BD coordinator and several other people I directly worked with either quit or were also laid off.

Below are several observations on the company:

- The business development department is a mess. As a temporary employee I received zero education, training, orientation, etc. on how to effectively do my job as a proposal writer. The BD department's record keeping of previous contracts was a joke and I was put in an akward position of hiring other proposal writers to this department while I was still learning my own position.

- Human resources is also a mess. The people who ran it when I was there weren't the sharpest bunch and administrative hiccups and misccommunication with upper management led to me being offered a full-salaried position and then having it retracted because the COO had no idea who I was. I was left in limbo for three more months before they told me the day of the company would hire a senior-level employee. Also at no time did they bother to tell the staffing agency this.

- MIllennium's culture is stale, boring, and devoid of anything innovative or exciting. Because of the shortstaff, miscommunication between upper management, executives, and HR, and the company's vision to grow, its staff is extrememly overworked.

Create a positive company culture that promotes innovation, create a system of education and orientation for your entry-level employees to succeed, and keep all lines of communication between managers, executives, and HR open.

Small business needing qualified employees

I worked at Millennium Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small compensation for parking and metro, decent health insurance, HQ office location is right in Crystal City and walking distance to several nice restaurants

Cons

Leadership is reactive rather than proactive.

Don't expect much personal growth here because there isn't much you can learn besides what not to do.

Promotions aren't really promotions. People get promotions only to be told they're promoted to a new position, but won't receive a pay increase until they "prove" themselves in the position, which may be weeks or months later (if at all).

The work environment at HQ can be hard to tolerate. If you are uncomfortable being around people that curse like a sailor, you will want to reconsider working here. Most of it comes from leadership.

Look at why you have trouble retaining good people and the first thing to look at is management.

There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Corporation

Worked for Millennium Corporation? Contribute to the Community!