My experience, not bad

Current Employee - Scientist I in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Scientist I in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Millennium Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency in strategy and company direction, career development is enforced,

Cons

Too much discussion on the same topic, people stay too long even when they do not like the job, no cultural diversity

Advice to Management

Employees tend to have the same personality type to the hiring manager, not necessarily encouraging cultural diversity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Outstanding company dedicated to curing cancer and to your personal development

Current Contractor - QA Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Contractor - QA Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Millennium Pharmaceuticals as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Millennium's tagline is "We aspire to cure cancer," and they are truly dedicated to this. The company will take every opportunity possible to bring in a patient who is being treated with one of their products so that they can tell their story. It's a constant reminder of why we work here; to save lives. In my department, the management team has been very dedicated to my personal development, which I really appreciate since I just graduated from college. They have also been very flexible, and allow me to make my own schedule as long as I put in 40 hours each week. Overall this is a wonderful place to work. Many of my colleagues have jokingly told me that Millennium has ruined my career, because from their experience there is no company out there that is better to work for.

Cons

None yet; I have yet to meet a single person here who I have had a problem with. I have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. One of the best places in BioTech to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Millennium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Work environment is very respectful. People are considered to be an important asset to the company. Great science, Great Leaders.

Cons

Becoming a big company. Lots of "systems". Commute in Cambridge, MA can sometimes be a pain in you live in the burbs but parking available.

Advice to Management

Just keep it going and don't get to caught up in our own success (basically don't change or lose your soul due to success)