There are newer employer reviews for Miller Nash

Good place for legal training

I worked at Miller Nash

Pros

I was treated very well by Miller Nash. I was given excellent opportunities to grow as a lawyer and to take on cases and issues by myself, even at the start of my career. There are some wonderful people at that firm who made it a great place to work. The billable requirement was manageable.

Cons

I felt a lot of pressure to bring in new business. Some of the senior partners have tremendous egos. Making money drove a lot of the decisions made in that place, but it is a for-profit company, after all. I didn't feel personally connected with many of the attorneys there.

Advice to Management

I recommend a little more openness when it comes to discussing firm matters. The associate attorneys want to know how the firm is doing, and what problems it is facing - it's OK to share this information. Also, associates should be educated at an earlier stage in their career about what it is truly like to be a partner.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Firm

I have been working at Miller Nash

Pros

Good pay and work life balance

Cons

Too big of a firm - office politics

2. Prestigious firm with good intentions, but a few bad partners, and a bad work-distribution system

I worked at Miller Nash full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits; opportunity for meaningful work early in career.

Cons

MN overworks and underpays its best associates---especially in litigation. E.g., the associates in less demand get paid the same base salary, but work 1-3 months less per year (in billable hours)---and the bonuses for the overworked do not come close to compensating for these extra hours. Also, some partners are unnecessarily rude and harsh to associates.

Advice to Management

Restructure pay or bonus system so that a few attorneys are not working so much more for so very little extra... Have partners police each other's treatment of associates to conform to desired culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Miller Nash