Miller & Milone, P.C.

www.millermilone.com
  www.millermilone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Miller & Milone, P.C.

Very rewarding

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Miller and Milone for over 13 years and it was by far the best work experience of my life. I always had input and got great feedback and support from management both before I was a part of management and after I became a part of management. Throughout my tenure at Miller and Milone there was a definite feeling of family.

Cons

The only Con I an think of was that my position with Miller and Milone was much more then an 8 hour day but in fairness no one ever asked or expected I do anything after hours.

I have been away from the company for 5 years so I would not be able to add any advice for Management.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Miller & Milone, P.C. (View Most Recent)

Do not stop at all!

Current Employee - Worker in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Worker in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

About Miliier and Milone there are no pros

Cons

Upper management from the owner on down are way to full of themselves. Benefits take way to long to kick in. To many games for such a small firm. Not really a law firm at all and it will never be.
    Mostly a glorified collections agency. for a firm this size it should be fun to work at but all it is is a living hell. Do not work here you will hate yourself later.
    Most of the workers here are people who will never get to the big time.

Good for a short stint, unbearable as a career

Current Employee - Assistant in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the loveliest co-workers I've ever encountered were employees of Miller & Milone. Smart, funny and never unwilling to lend a helping hand.

There's also free coffee and the location is pretty good for Long Island - Garden City is next to everything, so that's good if you enjoy shopping or running errands.

Another pro is the willingness of management to give workers more responsibility. This has an obvious disadvantage which I will elaborate in the con-section of this review, but if you're looking to learn a great deal of healthcare law in a short time this is a great place to develop some knowledge and skills.

Cons

Without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing about Miller & Milone is its Work-Life balance. If you're a lowly clerk or temp you should be able to escape unscathed, but pressure to yield more of your life to M&M will mount as you advance up the corporate ladder.

I suppose if you're willing to work late into the night M&M is a fine place to be...but for the vast majority of people the work-life balance here is dreadfully unhealthy and an outright imposition on their personal lives & time.

Another major issue is the abusive character of upper management. Prepared to be reamed for mistakes - real or imagined - as you are compared to an exacting and never-quite-enumerated standard of perfection. Miller & Milone is a very demanding place.

Now, please note that these problems are hardly endemic to M&M. Ask former or current employees of law firms across the country and you'll encounter similar tales of discontent. Lawyers are not formally schooled in management and don't give a care in the world about your life, your family and your contentment as an employee. They will ride you to exhaustion.

I'm not sure if it's even worthwhile to give advice to the management. Deaf to complaints and whatnot. Just be attuned to the morale of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Miller & Milone, P.C.