MillerCoors

www.millercoors.com
There are newer employer reviews for MillerCoors

Great Company to Work for

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

Beer is a fun product to work on, and social people are attracted to the adult beverage industry, and stay in the industry. It's a very collaborative environment, a lot of idea sharing to get to a better end result.

Cons

Like any large company, you can be on the "good" list or the "bad" list by the senior leadership team. If you are on the "good" list, you are golden, an it's probably because you've done good work and found a way to make that work known. If you are on the "bad" list you are not going to move up.

193 Other Employee Reviews for MillerCoors (View Most Recent)

Worst Job of my Career

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

use of gas card and company truck

Cons

Management make bad decisions. Account managers are overworked and underpaid

Culture, culture, culture.. severely lacking in Milwaukee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great lower-level Teams. Excellent people from Level 2 on down (front line leadership), above that, forget it.
    Every level of management has an extraordinary level of management skills-not to be confused with Leadership skills.

Cons

The MKE plant is completely off the charts in terms of shady politics, too many snap decisions made off of one (or none-just "feelings" about people) data point, and an absolute lack of leadership above the floor level. When I say lack of leadership, I'll give you a great example: When you walk into a cheerleading All-Plant meeting, it's always great for morale when the plant leadership basically tells you that "we care about your opinion", then telling you that it's a horrible job market and that you should be happy to be employed. No, not a joke.

I don't know how in the heck the Staff at the plant could make the environment any less fun. It's crazy when you have visits from Executive leadership and they sound like they wake up every day, have fun, and make money. Like working in the Beer business should be (and is protrayed), yet somehow there is nothing but a culture of fear, unrealistic expectations, and no recognition for great things unless you are one of the "Chosen Ones" (who, by the way, can get drunk at company functions, sleep off a DWI in the parking lot, etc with no repercussions).

Please stop making decisions at the wrong level. The plant manager should never be the ultimate decision maker for who gets promoted, etc when they have managers 2 levels below them that actually work with the people to make those decisions. It's too much politics.

There are newer employer reviews for MillerCoors