Milliman
www.milliman.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you want to develop your own practice, Milliman is the place to be.

Associate Actuary (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Milliman

Pros-- Great benefits and compensation structure ( excellent 401K and profit sharing plan with very good bonus structure for overtime working)
-- Flat organization ( This allows you to directly communicate with your principles and quickly develop big pictures of the business)
-- Promoting entrepreneurship ( You can be a boss with only 2 to 3 people working for you as long as you can bring new ideas and sell it. It is really good for people are looking to work as an independent entity while enjoy the benefits of getting the support from the corporate level.)
-- Competent colleagues ( I enjoyed working with them everyday!)

Cons-- Long working hours (What can I say.? This is consulting. If you are still an actuary student, be prepared for the tough study schedule.)
-- Not too much formal training for fresh graduates. ( There is one or two communication or technique training sessions, but you need to learn most of the stuffs from working with other people. However, there are plenty web conference opportunities to learn new things in the industry.)

Advice to Senior Management-- More proactive on the marketing

-- Better strategic decisions

HR Dept. lacking @ Mmn. (Seattle, WA -Ranier Sq.)

Web Analyst Tester (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Milliman

Pros: Good benefits; FT based on a 37.5 hr week with… Cons: No HR department. Only a liaison between workers and principals. If you had an outstanding issue with your immediate boss - tough… Advice to Senior Management: Get a fully functional HR Dept. where employee grievances may be heard… More

Best place I've ever worked, and I've worked at a lot of places.

Practice Administrator (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Milliman

Pros: It's a very professional atmosphere, and there's real respect for all employees at all levels. The company is owned and managed by the actuaries… Cons: It's too far from where I live, but that's my… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more training opportunities in subjects that are not specific… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Milliman.

Worked for Milliman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milliman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Milliman CEO Steve White. All reviews posted anonymously by Milliman employees.