ON THE DECLINE

Current Employee - Vice-President  in  Fairfield, CT
Current Employee - Vice-President in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You coworkers are usually pretty nice, until the ax starts swinging, which it does often. Then watch your back!
the Company has some really good offers, but most of us don't have the time to learn and sell appropriately due to little if any support.

Cons

It's very strange that global management has allowed the NA business to go from bad to worse.
Unwilling to recognize that the business model is seriously flawed and causing dissatisfaction among both clients and staff.
Sr Management out of touch with the day to day, just for advancing their personal agenda. Some pretty bizarre behaviors by a few of the women Sr Management, something that wouldn't be tolerated if they were men.
Unbelievable level of politics, similar to ad agency.
Career advancement is very political with you 'In' on one day and 'Out' the next. Just be under 30 and very good looking...
The largest clients are very dissatisfied, with constant fire drills involving C-level to salvage the big accounts.
Consistent salary freezes on top of noncompetitive salaries. Don't count on getting bonuses
Expensive insurance.
Unhealthy staff turn over with a 'Restructuring' about every 18 months
Excessive workload.
Very low morale
Moving to Norwalk this summer

Eileen Campbell needs to clean house in North America. The current situation is not reflecting well on her ability.

Other Reviews for Millward Brown

get out while you can. this job stinks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Millward Brown part-time for more than a year

Pros

nothing, this job stinks everyone is looking for a way out

Cons

everything, everyone wants to leave huge turnover

get over yourselves

Time for a "Fourth Model" ....... Can't wait to leave!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to work across many brands and categories for a global company that historically has had an outstanding reputation in the industry.
    There are many friendly people who work here.
    Charity work is very fulfilling.

Cons

There's poor senior leadership in the Fairfield office.

The Senior leaders of the office are at best very weak at leading an office. So many 'secret' meetings behind closed doors,and they are not sincere or honest with the staff. Positive changes promised but never implemented. Senior management cannot forecast or provide the 'selling' tools needed to build business which has lead to several layoffs.

Senior management tends to value those who can BS the best, can be most controlled and are willing to be "yes" people.

Recently, several senior people in the company have been brought in from outside the company . They are put in place above others that have been with MB for many years .These tenured people know more about research than most of these outside people. Seniority at MB actually works as a disadvantage and those tenured people are in a sense 'demoted' to report into others that really don't know the business.

Too many business models implemented in the last 3 years (along with 3 lay offs).
    The latest business model was based on many of the same ideas as the last model. This created a wider separation in roles, taking the research and removing it from the client engagement.
    This model is based on a recommendation from a 3rd party consulting company brought in to tell them what is wrong with the way we are working rather than listening to the people working in the organization.

Employees (including me) have been put into roles that many are not comfortable or experienced performing.

People are forced into one role or the other, and expected to fit that role completely. We have been expected to stop thinking about the actual research process and just focus on one facet. Factory mentality has been implemented, with a long list of 'this is what you do' and 'this is what you don't do' - forcing an 'it's not my job' mentality to the point that we will be written up if we do something not in our 'list' of responsibilities. This type of disconnect between roles has lead to miscommunication, no one is really looking out for the whole business, inefficiencies, and errors being overlooked and I see bad things happening already.

We lost many loyal, talented people that really cared about the company, their staff and their clients in this last round of layoffs.

Morale has hit an all time low, job security is non-existent, and many of the staff in the office are currently looking to leave Millward Brown (myself included). People are leaving in droves, recently about 20 people were laid off from this office and several others resigned.
    Wake up CEO and look what has become of the Fairfield office under the current Senior leadership.

Our office needs to spend more time with clients rather than training how to implement the new models and please stop inefficiently changing everyone's seats in the office..... three + times a year.
    Please do not look at us as "Robots" we are people!

There are newer employer reviews for Millward Brown.

Worked for Millward Brown? Contribute to the Community!