Fast-paced

Current Employee - Research Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Research Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

provides a good springboard to better opportunities

Cons

Low salaries and long working hours

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. might be better than it is

Current Employee - Senior Research Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Research Executive

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few stong products in terms of tv ads

Cons

quite slow in digital market research

Not what it used to be

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

great co-workers (what's left of them) nice employee perks like holiday party, summer celebration, free lunches, free iPads (in 2010), etc. fairly flexible working environment, except when the office is really busy, which is often.

Cons

Poor compensation for the majority of the employees. Company prides itself on being a leader in the industry, the cream of the crop, yet they do not pay their employees accordingly. This is a huge disconnect with the image the senior management portrays. A salary audit was done a few years back and they claim we are paid a competitive salary, yet we never saw any of the information from this audit. Company has quietly ditched cost of living increases, so future compensation won't be getting any better. Company is currently in the midst of a drastic change to it's structure, which has gone poorly at best. The restructuring resulted in significant layoffs and resignations, to the point where I question who will be the next group of leaders in this company. Leadership seems to be oblivious to the fact that this upheaval has caused most employees to begin looking elsewhere. Even after a number of people left for other jobs, there seemed to be little concern that others will follow. Let me tell you, there will be others, myself included. Much of the problems with the new structure is the senior managements' refusal to listen to concerns from the workers who were closest to the change. They seem more interested pushing their agenda (and reaping their HUGE bonuses) rather than actually listening to the people affected most by this change. They are just now starting to listen and make changes, but it may be too late given we have lost so many good employees already. The company continues to cut costs by out sourcing, reducing staff, removing raises, etc and yet the workers see no benefit from these actions, other than more work, slower processes, more mistakes, and unhappier clients. The only people who seem to benefit is the senior managers, as they continue to receive promotions and huge bonuses, while the rest of us get nothing. Unfortunately I could go on and on with CONS, which is a shame as this really used to be a great place to work (no longer)