Milwaukee County

county.milwaukee.gov
  county.milwaukee.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Milwaukee County

It's a job, not a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee County full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Few and far between. Underpaid so much consider your time a donation to the community.

Cons

Low wages, pay freeze since 2010, pension contributions, no hope for promotion, no incentive for job performance, under educated unmotivated coworkers, management and elected officials on vacation more often than at work, etc...

File for bankruptcy and dissolve.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Milwaukee County (View Most Recent)

Great for Entry Level Work ...Cronyism Prohibits Employee Growth & Morale

I have been working at Milwaukee County full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great job for entry level workers.

Cons

It is very TOUGH to advance here. As with most businesses, in order to get a promotion you need to be best friends with management or know someone who is. Benefits are competitive compared to private sector costs, but are increasingly high with each passing year. Nearly everyone except high level management is underpaid and overworked. Worker morale is low due to low pay and increasing demands. In this age of economic turmoil you have to count your blessings in even having a job, but there definitely needs to be reform.

Management, and by that I mean those above low level Supervisors, know exactly what is going on, thus the status quo. With no real union power workers are at the mercy of those at the top of the food chain.

A rewarding and frustrating place to work.

Former Employee - Judgement Clerk in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Judgement Clerk in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Milwaukee County full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great insurance, but very costly, Other benefits like a pension were nice but added to the deductions from my bi weekly paycheck..... There was plenty of down time were you could goof off and take a walk or something.

Cons

...Actually so much so that I was making only $750 every two weeks! The hours were kind of long, I know 9 hours isn't long but a mandatory 1 hour unpaid lunch is kind of ridiculous. I would have rather just went home an hour early seeing as how you could just eat at your desk anyway....

The management was good but at some times kind of one sided and really only benefited the people they were close to or friends with.

There are newer employer reviews for Milwaukee County