Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

www.jsonline.com

Good experience, questionable leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsExperience in dealing with multiple management/operations issues. Great opportunity to assemble a management philosophy in a ever-changing environment. Good experience with managing budgets, human resource functions, and operations.

ConsLeadership provides no support and does little to understand subordinates' jobs or responsibilities. Expectation of being on call 24/7. Mounting responsibilities with very little appreciation and/or monetary increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and do not go after them after they are respectfully critical about the manner in which operations are running.

Great people, good variety of work, poor management, terrible compensation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Journal Sentinel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people and the variety of the work you are… Cons: Management is only concerned about one thing: revenue. Leadership is non-existence. There is no guidance or training by managers. The pay is terrible and they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

was good now not so much

I have been working at Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Pros: co-workers, sometimes fun trips and perks Cons: media is changing, you can save the paper with the internet. … Advice to Senior Management: you can spin it however you want-- but you need to figure out a new way and its… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Worked for Milwaukee Journal Sentinel? Contribute to the Community!