Mimecast

Fantastic working environment

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mimecast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great pay/benefits
-The executives and management are fully available and invested in their employee's success
-Work hard/play hard motto (and feels like a (more mature) start up
-Very upwardly mobile company
-They rarely hire from the outside and like to grow their own talent (this is less true than it was 3/4 years ago)
-Free lunch
-Fun and fast paced

Cons

-They are growing their operations team and some of the internal workings can move slow at times
-Since they never hired from the outside, they are now having to invest in a more formalized training program

Keep doing what you're doing

22 Other Employee Reviews for Mimecast (View Most Recent)

As good as it gets...

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Mimecast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent People, excellent management. Excellent work place in general. Management really wants to keep their employees happy and turnover low. Everyone right up to the CEO wants to make sure you are not only content but truly happy to come into work.

Cons

Maybe start stocking Dr. Pepper in the drink fridge? I really can't think of anything but there is a twenty word minimum.

Don't lost that start up feeling. It's important that everyone knows each other and what all the departments do. Continue to be innovative and keep up the good work.

Great benefits, great compensation and you know you are part of something greater

Current Employee - Software Applications Developer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Software Applications Developer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Mimecast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company invests in its workers, management is hands-on and involved, there is opportunity to travel (but, at least for developers, it is not necessary), every project you work on is important to the success of the company and your success with these projects is highly visible thanks to a great management team. On any given day I could run into our CEO and he will know what projects I am currently working on. The environment is fun and laid back, the company says things and actually follows through with them [e.g. catered lunches every Monday and Wednesday, all sorts of free drinks all day and every day (from sparkling water, red bull, v8, coffee, etc...), fresh fruit on Mondays and Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays]. I wrote this review on my own accord and simply with the hope that it helps us attract more talented individuals to join, contribute and learn from/with an amazing community of people. I have worked for several companies including companies that have grown from millions to several billions of dollars during the time I was there. I have friends trying to pull me into consulting (which has been my goal since I started programming). This is the first place I have ever truly been happy and I hope to stay here for a while.

Cons

It's really difficult for me to say anything negative about Mimecast. It is not because I still work there, but honestly because I can not think of anything. I have since edited this review, but I previously had a note here on technical project management... however, that was something that was really quite specific to one of my projects and it involved working directly with a partner (Developers typically will not work directly with partners or clients on long term projects - we may, of course, be asked to join a meeting to gather requirements for an enhancement, brainstorm solutions to a client problem or non-standard request, etc...). Either way, the item I listed as a "con" has since been addressed and is no longer applicable :)

Keep doing what you're doing