Mimi's Cafe

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe Server

I have been working at Mimi's Cafe

Pros

Unique atmosphere combining a French cafe/bistro with a casual restaurant. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner allowing for more possible work times.

Cons

Low sense of employee satisfaction (i.e. charging for a server for drinking a fountain drink during a break). Poor training.

Take examples of how to run a restaurant from companies such as Darden Restaurants that maintains the same standard of quality and professionalism in all restaurants. Don't sweat the small and unnecessary things, but rather focus on creating a positive work environment where employees enjoy working, are treated as valuable, and have the opportunities to grow in their careers.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Mimi's Cafe (View Most Recent)

Worst job I've ever had... and I've worked at a gas station.

Former Employee - Hostess in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Torrance, CA

I worked at Mimi's Cafe

Pros

The only good thing I can say that came out of working for this company... is that I made some cool friends. One of which helped me find a better job.

Cons

You get stepped all over. You do something wrong, and they're on you about it for the next few months... you do a good job, they ignore it. Management was terrible. They were unprofessional and biased. They don't promote from within, so you work yourself in to the ground to try and get a promotion while you watch them hire people with no restaurant experience to the position you want. Benefits are non existent. They step on you and make you feel small and expendable. Maybe it was just the one I worked at, but it was the worst job I've ever had in my life. And I've worked at a gas station.

Fire everyone and start over.

This is an okay company to work for.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Mimi's Cafe

Pros

Fun work environment if you have the right managment staff. Fllexibility of schedules to accomodate family life. Satisfaction of working for a restaruant chain that is well recognized and received in the community. Consistent days off which makes life planning easier. Pretty good benefits package for health care, etc.

Cons

Long hours and changing schedules. Pretty crappy bonus plan for managers, unless you've got $25k to become a General Manager/Managing Partner. Although the company continually preaches how it is employee friendly, they tend to make promises that may or may not be kept. Promotions seem to be based on tenure at times, rather than experience or talent.

Don't make promises that can't be kept and make sure that you are fully utilizing the talents of your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Mimi's Cafe