There are newer employer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Great Job Until Management Changed

Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Mimi's Cafe part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome co workers. They are very friendly and helpful with everything. Tips are good and guests are great too, mostly elderly/regulars.

Cons

Management is very unprofessional. General manager harasses employees and only talks about his bonuses and how much money he makes. Rude rude rude. Understaffs bussers, prep, and cooks and over staffs servers so they can pick up the slack because they are only "2.13 and hour." Ticket times are extremely high do to understaffing so he can "make more bonuses" When guests wait 30-40 minutes and complain that they will leave, He does not talk to them instead says "Let Them Leave"

CHANGE THE GENERAL MANAGER

78 Other Employee Reviews for Mimi's Cafe (View Most Recent)

Great coworkers, Horrible managers!

Former Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Mimi's Cafe part-time (more than an year)

Pros

None really to brag out, my fellow servers, bartenders and hostess, we're very easy to get along with. Made the day go by smoother and faster.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!
    My GM had his favorites and every one knew it, punishments were not equal amongst all employees.
    They always tried to cover their own asses instead of working as a unit.
    They are not interested in anything but themselves.
    My son was 4 months old at the time when he was hospitalized, my management treated me rudely and unprofessional once i came back to work.

Stop being so rude, when we speak and make suggestions take it into consideration.
    Be fair to all employees not just your favorites

Good Company

Current Employee - Server Trainer
    Current Employee - Server Trainer

I have been working at Mimi's Cafe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upper management cares about your daily work life. Good money during season, offering lots of opportunity to make money throughout the day.

Cons

We often get older guests, so the tips can be on the low side (sometimes), however Mimi's is a volume store and you will have plenty of opportunity to make good money.

Revamped menu is fantastic. Not only is the food good, but my check average is higher! Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Mimi's Cafe