There are newer employer reviews for Mindfield

#wowex

I have been working at Mindfield full-time

Pros

-wicked cool office location
-young staff
-ping-pong table
-pet friendly
-good support available
-visible CEO
-true to there roots
-flexible sched
-cohesive office enviro
-weekly meetings

Cons

-unstable at times; never sure if people are staying or going
-high pressure witH little resources
-disorganized sometimes (not enough staff)
-takes on more than can be chewed sometimes (re:not enough staff)
-takes the long way around instead of direct way (a to b to c to d to c instead of a to c)

Advice to Management

Job security is important for team morale, not just personal job security, but office job security
Anticipate busy times and make sure your ready for them; hire more people if need be, and if you need to spend the time to find the right people DO it - letting someone go after recently hiring them looks really really really really bad to all involved

reviews filtered by

Get What You Give.

Current Employee - Lindsay Hayter - Sourcing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Lindsay Hayter - Sourcing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Mindfield full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- I have volunteered for 16+ hours on company time
    - I have been compensated $70 worth of books for attending book club
    - I have planned company events for my co-workers during work hours
    - I have had 3 outside of work events subsidized
    - I have had pizza, McDonalds breakfast, pancakes, dozens of appies and many more meals paid for by Mindfield

Cons

- Co-workers who are unhappy and feel they can only verbalize their concerns to co-workers instead of managers
    - We are a young workforce which does require a lot of communication and managing of expectations. Senior management is very enthusiastic which can lead to expectations that aren't attainable in the period of time that staff expects

Advice to Management

- Continue to have one:one's with your team members and ask the tough questions
    - Recognize recruiters whether they have the highest numbers, best attitude or are taking on the hardest clients. Each individual is deserving of recognition because we are a team. It takes the positive employee to keep the recruiter in the tough areas motivated and it takes the one digging in the tough areas so that the high performer can reach those targets

Mindfield Response

Apr 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback Lindsay! We are very fortunate to have you on our team!

Rewarding for those that want it to be

I have been working at Mindfield full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is on a whole other level.

Simply stated - it is just so cool. You walk through the front door every day and the energy just hits you. People are stoked to be there and they have the power to make you feel the same way.

Because it's a newer company, there is something exciting happening literally all the time! It's crazy! But the good kind. It's pretty interesting to be in the middle of all the happenings. Whether it is new clients, new employees, and new initiatives created for people to just enjoy being part of it all.

If you are up for a challenge and open to what is offered, it can be super exciting for you. If you're just looking to gain valuable experience (and perhaps had little or none before) Mindfield welcomes you with open arms. They have an excellent training process and teach you a ton of valuable skills that you will no doubt take on to future employers. Plus, there is great support so they make sure you are fully comfortable with what you have learned or else help you if needed.

The people are largely what make the company what it is today. Mindfield hires fantastic individuals so they are a huge part of what creates a valuable employee experience. People are super friendly and helpful, and you are very likely to leave with at least a few good friends.

You can't enter expecting it to be something that it's not. The fact is, it isn't a company that has been in the industry for 40 years and has all little kinks ironed out...but it is well on its way. If you do want something, like anything in life, you have to go get it. Make it known and put in the effort. The experience is 100% what you make of it. If you choose to come in, have a positive attitude, see the broader picture of what you do, and take advantage of opportunities that are available, then Mindfield can take you on one awesome ride.

Cons

-leadership at some times do not explicitly recognize successes of all employees, but this has definitely changed since I started
    -unclear growth opportunities for recruiters

There are newer employer reviews for Mindfield