There are newer employer reviews for Mindjet

A company that can't figure out what it wants to be

Former Contractor - Freelance Copywriter in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Freelance Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mindjet as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice location, free lunches three days a week, attractive office space.

Cons

They were into this "agile marketing" when I was there, but while "agile" may be a good way to develop software, it's a terrible way to do marketing, because it boils down to changing what you're saying and who you're trying to be all the time. On a related note, they used to be about mind mapping--where they were the leader--and now with this godawfully-named Spigit Engage product, they're trying to do Lithium-esque corporate social networking and "innovation management."

I think it's also significant that of the 15-20 people in the marketing department when I was there in the summer of 2012, most of them are no longer there. Any time you have 50+% turnover in a department you have to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Have the courage to choose a vision and stick to it.

reviews filtered by

Adapt - the key to success

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mindjet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vision
    Over the years Mindjet has evolved as the market changed. These changes were and are needed to strategically position Mindjet as the leader in the Mapping, Collaboration, Ideation and of late the Innovation Space. Changes are needed to meet the demands of the market. As the saying goes, "Change is the only constant". Adapt or perish.

CEO
    Scott Raskin is a great and fearless leader. His credentials and achievements speak for themselves. Through him Mindjet has grown from strength to strength. It takes courage to take the Company from just being a mapping software provider to much more. He is a great motivator. Always energetic and a spring on his feet.

Employees
    The best thing about Mindjet is the people. It is so much fun working with fellow Mindjetters. It is like one big happy family and we all look after each other. I come in every day looking forward to interacting with so many wonderful personalities. Over the years I have made so many great friends.

My Team
    I cherish my Team and enjoy working with them every day. We have a great chemistry and work together in getting things done on time.

My Manager
    I have a great inspiring Manager from whom there is always something new to learn each day. I know I am in safe hands. Working with him is such a pleasure.

In addition to all of this, the culture at Mindjet is so casual and yet so professional when it comes to work. Also there are various occassions for cross department interactions like 2 free lunches every week, happy hours, Halloween parties, Christmas parties. And the Ping Pong Tournament where the entire Company participates. Isn't that cool!!!

Bottom line - Mindjet is a Great Company to work for!

Cons

There are none the way I see it. Every Company has its share of set backs. All that matters is if you believe in the Company's Vision and if you would like to be part of the Company's success.

Fun environment and innovative products

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mindjet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful location and offices
    Free lunches 2 times per week
    Friendly teammates
    Decent pay and minimal stress

Cons

Limited growth opportunities depending on team and very high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for internal promotion and/or cross functional training.
    Ensure cross-functional coordination and representation to product management to ensure all teams are informed of product changes and strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Mindjet