There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care

Excellent organization to work for with a lot of opportunity

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay; very patient focused; growing organization with 12,000 employees in WI; profitable, high quality. Only system in WI rated in top 20% in country Leadership really does care about the patients and the employees. Comany really lives its values and gives a lot back to the communities

Cons

Some back office technology is dated as focus is on patient technology. Limited competition in many locations

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work

I have been working at Ministry Health Care

Pros

I work for small hospital and benefits are comparable to other places of same size. Overall, good place to work.

Cons

Economy is forcing them to make cuts for jobs/hours of their employees. Many times when people retire or leave, their jobs are not replaced.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect that they deserve and not as a comodity that can be sold or traded. People make up this organization not units.

2. Great company with few downfalls

Current Employee - Recovery Audit and Appeals Lead Nurse Analyst in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership at department or division level. I feel as if my work is important and I receive recognition for hard work. While benefits and pay could always be better, the truth is that Ministry Health Care is pretty competitive in these two areas. I believe that this company communicates with every level of employee and does their best to keep us informed.

Cons

There are no incentives or rewards for higher level degrees. Education is not encouraged or supported unless you are an RN going for a higher level nursing degree. I am a nurse who obtained an MBA and the tuition reimbursement was minimal. I feel that, while MHC is going more towards performance-based pay, there should be more emphasis on rewarding those who work hard and more consequences for those who do not.