There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care

Registered Nurse @ Ministry Health Care, St. Josephs Hospital , Marshfielde

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Marshfield, WI
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fast-paced work environment, Tertiary Hospital located in small town environment.

Cons

High overturn of employees, less than average R.N. salaries.High stress work environment. Little availability for in house continuing education. Limited budget for education of staff.

Make salaries at or above market level to attract the best nurses out there. Provide in house continuing eduction for specialty areas. Assist staff with flexible work schedules for work-life balance.
Many staff have long commutes to work at this hospital, provide car pooling site at work. Give transportation assistance to help these employees.Provide shuttle bus to work from area cities such as Wausau, Stevens Point-Plover area, Wisconsin Rapids.

reviews filtered by

If I would have known how political the place was and how unhappy the employees are I would have never accepted the job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Ministry Health Care

Pros

Get to work with many customers and patients - very good place for extraverts if you work in the hospital settings. Regional offices outside of the hospital are boring and do not allow much interaction. So understand where you will be assigned to work.

Cons

MHC is a very political place to work and has many unhappy employees. My feeling is supervisors and management doesn’t care about their employees.

I had three different managers in the 3 years I worked there. Two of the three managers left because they could not stand the politics, did not like the local CFO, they were not allowed to implement change. So they left for another place that offered a more conducive working environment.

MHC did not allow me to expand and work in different departments so I was not able to advance my skills, even though MHC says they want you to learn and grow, there culture and politics do not support their philosophy. If you are women in the project management realm, you are more likely to get the job or promotion. The LSS areas are fun projects to work on but your supervisors will not allow you the time to participate on the projects as your daily tasks will so MHC portrays wanting to implement LSS ideas and projects but reality is there is no time allowed to participate. The IT realms of jobs and the general nursing and general staffing jobs are very stressful and they expect lots from you because they are understaffed.

MHC’s culture is terrible. If I would have known how political the place was and how unhappy the employees are I would have never accepted the position with them. The best thing that happened to me when I worked there was my last day there as I did not ever have to go back there again!
    MHC does not support a team environment; you will find their employees covering there butt because of the ways they have been treated.

DO NOT consider working there and if you like the medical profession and cannot move to another city to work be sure to look into working for one of their competitors!

Treat employees like you EXPECT to be treated, like with respect that they deserve and not as a commodity. You preach Lean Six Sigma techniques but you do not value employees.

2. 25 years in a fairly good job, but I needed a change.

Former Employee - Technical Specialist Dialysis in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist Dialysis in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Ministry Health Care

Pros

Independence in the workplace to complete machine maintainence. Flexable hours as long as you completed the work in a timely manner monthly. A very good PTO (vacation) plan existed there.

Cons

In my position, there was very little "in house" technical support as Dialysis equipment is so very specialized and it took literally years to develop the skills needed to repair it.
    Ministry just kept adding on to the work-load. At the end of my employment I was responsible for over 400 pieces of equipment and 4 seperate Dialysis units.

The implimentation of (SSO) shared service organization removed any and all personel "ownership" by employees to their respective work enviroments. It may have saved some money, but Ministry lost far more than any $ savings could replace.

Nick Desien got fired, and nobody is talking. (question below)

There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care