Ministry Health Care
www.ministryhealth.org Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Registered Nurse @ Ministry Health Care, St. Josephs Hospital , Marshfielde

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Marshfield, WI

ProsFast-paced work environment, Tertiary Hospital located in small town environment.

ConsHigh overturn of employees, less than average R.N. salaries.High stress work environment. Little availability for in house continuing education. Limited budget for education of staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake salaries at or above market level to attract the best nurses out there. Provide in house continuing eduction for specialty areas. Assist staff with flexible work schedules for work-life balance.
Many staff have long commutes to work at this hospital, provide car pooling site at work. Give transportation assistance to help these employees.Provide shuttle bus to work from area cities such as Wausau, Stevens Point-Plover area, Wisconsin Rapids.

If I would have known how political the place was and how unhappy the employees are I would have never accepted the job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Ministry Health Care

Pros: Get to work with many customers and patients - very good place for extraverts if you work in the hospital settings. Regional… Cons: MHC is a very political place to work and has many unhappy employees. My feeling is supervisors and management doesn’t care about their employees.… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees like you EXPECT to be treated, like with respect that they deserve and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

25 years in a fairly good job, but I needed a change.

Technical Specialist Dialysis (Former Employee)
    Marshfield, WI

I worked at Ministry Health Care

Pros: Independence in the workplace to complete machine maintainence. Flexable hours as long as you completed… Cons: In my position, there was very little "in house" technical support as Dialysis equipment is so very specialized and it took literally years to… Advice to Senior Management: The implimentation of (SSO) shared service organization removed any and all personel "ownership" by employees to their respective work enviroments. It may… More
There are newer reviews on Ministry Health Care.

Worked for Ministry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ministry Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ministry Health Care CEO Nick Desien. All reviews posted anonymously by Ministry Health Care employees.