Ministry Health Care

There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care

Disappointed

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sturgeon Bay, WI
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Local and available. I give great marks to their skilled nursing facility - thorough and fair orientation. Strong management team and very helpful with accommodating schedules and casual call status. Director of nursing very knowledgeable and involved with staff and patient care.

Cons

VERY political, extremely poor orientation program within inpatient unit. Use a PBDS assessment testing format to "guide" the orientation process. During my orientation process I showed my preceptor the tool that I was given by the clinical educator and she said "I've never seen this before in my life". Very disorganized training, lots of inappropriate use of computers i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc. Was new to the acute care environment and was placed between 4 different preceptors. Then was told my last day if working in the acute care unit that I had an "unacceptable" rating on my PBDS, this was the first I had heard of this since my hire 3 months prior! Via word of mouth I learned another new grad was placed from the ER into ICU that her orientation paperwork sat untouched in her mailbox for more than 3
months. This ER employee was a new grad as well and was immediately placed into ER without having to had 2 years med surg experience. When I asked to move somewhere else they told me I needed 2 years med surg experience.

Use common sense when taking in a new employee--train them and give them the tools to help them be successful and do root cause analysis to figure out why someone is struggling rather than categorize them as a weak employee. Hire an inpatient manager that has more acute inpatient care experience than actual years as a nurse. Do not place labels on someone based on how much you "like them".

19 Other Employee Reviews for Ministry Health Care (View Most Recent)

Really really really really great

Current Employee - Cst in Rhinelander, WI
    Current Employee - Cst in Rhinelander, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

very very very very Good pay

Cons

very very very Long hours

A decent place to work if it fits your style

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Stevens Point, WI
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Ministry Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Slow work pace (if you enjoy that)
    Good Work/Life balance
    Not too stressful

Cons

Senior management contradicts themselves in many major areas
    Very political atmosphere
    Can be difficult to advance career
    Often less qualified candidates are hired in attempt to save money

Provide clearer direction
    Take a more serious approach to getting people who continually don't deliver out of the door

There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care