steady employment

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Stevens Point, WI
Current Employee - Analyst in Stevens Point, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Catholic organization, love the mission statement and continues to offer help for those in need. fair wage wih benefits

Cons

No training, no advancement. If you can overlook the politics, and lack of advancement you can stick it out.

Listen to your employees, actually make annual goals for them to achieve and the enitre organization would be much better/benefit.

Other Reviews for Ministry Health Care

Money talks

Current Employee - Transcription  in  Rhinelander, WI
    Current Employee - Transcription in Rhinelander, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some flexibility in transcription, ability to work at home

Cons

Non-competitive salary, constant changing of expectations, management, etc.

Consistency is key.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Sturgeon Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I have been working at Ministry Health Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Local and available. I give great marks to their skilled nursing facility - thorough and fair orientation. Strong management team and very helpful with accommodating schedules and casual call status. Director of nursing very knowledgeable and involved with staff and patient care.

Cons

VERY political, extremely poor orientation program within inpatient unit. Use a PBDS assessment testing format to "guide" the orientation process. During my orientation process I showed my preceptor the tool that I was given by the clinical educator and she said "I've never seen this before in my life". Very disorganized training, lots of inappropriate use of computers i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc. Was new to the acute care environment and was placed between 4 different preceptors. Then was told my last day if working in the acute care unit that I had an "unacceptable" rating on my PBDS, this was the first I had heard of this since my hire 3 months prior! Via word of mouth I learned another new grad was placed from the ER into ICU that her orientation paperwork sat untouched in her mailbox for more than 3
    months. This ER employee was a new grad as well and was immediately placed into ER without having to had 2 years med surg experience. When I asked to move somewhere else they told me I needed 2 years med surg experience.

Use common sense when taking in a new employee--train them and give them the tools to help them be successful and do root cause analysis to figure out why someone is struggling rather than categorize them as a weak employee. Hire an inpatient manager that has more acute inpatient care experience than actual years as a nurse. Do not place labels on someone based on how much you "like them".

There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care.

Worked for Ministry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!