Minitab
www.minitab.com State College, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Good Compensation, Very Odd Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
State College, PA

ProsGenerally, the compensation package is very good, including some unique benefits. Many of the facilities are quite nice and, in general, their policies look good on paper. Most of the day to day services are provided in a very timely manner.

ConsThe culture is very unusual and they fire people at the drop of a hat. When you interview they'll tell you they have a very low turnover rate. But in the first year I worked there, over 20 people were let go. After I left, a bunch of the developers were laid off too. It seems to be one of two things. Either you fit in and you'll be very happy there or you won't fit in and you'll be out of job pretty quickly. Also, the management doesn't seem to have ever taken any professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take people's jobs so lightly. Make more allowances for different personality types. Value diversity, don't fire people for it. And get all of the managers some management training.

BEST company to work for

I have been working at Minitab

Pros: Challenging work, so many opportunities to learn, fun environment, nice people,… Cons: The location in central PA isn't ideal. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome culture - no one wants to leave

I have been working at Minitab

Pros: The culture is very open and employees are very empowered; excellent benefits including generous time off,… Cons: Being a smaller company, opportunities for advancement are limited and other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Minitab.

Worked for Minitab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Minitab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Minitab CEO Barbara F. Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by Minitab employees.