Minnesota State Universities System

www.mnscu.edu
  www.mnscu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Minnesota State Universities System

The work is challenging and satisfying knowing that you are helping students and the state of Minnesota.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Minnesota State Universities System

Pros

The people that work at MnSCU are passionate about what they do and the mission of the organization. The work is challenging and inspiring given that it is a transformational time for higher education.

Cons

With the states diminishing support of public higher education we have seen layoffs and good employees moving on to positions in other sectors, this is sad.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Minnesota State Universities System (View Most Recent)

An excellent place to work with challenging students and management that allows faculty to be creative.

Former Employee - Assistant Professor  in  Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Mankato, MN

I worked at Minnesota State Universities System

Pros

I summarized my reasons why I would recommend MSU, Mankato as a good place to work in the headline.

Cons

can be a bit limiting in terms of ability to interact with other faculty in the system and opportunities to expand your professional network as the University is in a very rural area.

Very Rewarding

Former Employee - Writing Tutor  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Writing Tutor in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Minnesota State Universities System

Pros

Working as a tutor has helped me to better understand other cultures because of the students I have worked with. It is very rewarding to see students progress because you helped them. There is instant and long term gratification in this position. My bosses are all very nice and helpful. They are VERY understanding of employees personal needs. Very flexible scheduling, they work around your school and work schedule. management is very encouraging and are willing to help whenever they can.

Cons

You can only work as a tutor while you are a student. Some of the students are very dependent on the tutors and it can be hard to tell them no when you know they can do things on their own.

There are newer employer reviews for Minnesota State Universities System

Worked for Minnesota State Universities System? Contribute to the Community!