Minted

www.minted.com

Okay place to work if looking to gain experience and extra money.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou get to learn some relevant skills whether it be Customer Service or Design related. It's a pretty good place to get your "foot in the door' so to speak start-up wise. Most people are very nice and it's a nice location.

Management is very nice and willing to work with you if there are scheduling conflicts.

ConsContract job with very, very, very, little chance of getting hired on FT or if you're FT there, very little options of moving into different positions. Once you're in a position, you're basically stuck there. Work hours are dependent on the seasons (high volume hours are of course in the holiday seasons, then there's wedding season, graduation season, etc).

The company culture of most of the FT staff is very standoffish and at times not very welcoming or friendly. It's very hipster-y and pretentious and the hiring practices sometimes don't make sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe straightforward with your potential employees (especially during the holidays) and when posting job descriptions online. It doesn't sit well when in the actual interview and job, everything written in the job description is completely modified (ie: promising FT hours and actually being placed onto "on-call" shifts.

And ensure that during the holiday season, work on a faster response time for the "on-call" statuses.

Terrible Seasonal/Temp Hiring Practice

Design Associate (Temp) (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted

Pros: For graphic designers/production artists who are just starting out, or even still in school, it's a good place to work as seasonal "Design Associates," where… Cons: For graphic designers/production artists with 3+ years of work experience, working as a "Design Associate" (at least as a temp/seasonal worker) at Minted is only… Advice to Senior Management: If you're going to hire "a billion" people with full-time availability for insurance purpose, tell them upfront (in the job posting & during the interview)… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Growing Experience

Operations/Social Media Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Minted full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: My favorite thing about Minted was having the opportunity to grow and learn WITH the company. Having been a part of the core team from… Cons: My skill set may have improved dramatically over the past few years but unfortunately my overall feelings of value generally stayed about level. Most people… Advice to Senior Management: Continue, as you are, to foster growth within the company. Consider those who have dedicated much of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Minted.

Worked for Minted? Contribute to the Community!