Minted

There are newer employer reviews for Minted

A Good Stepping Stone.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Minted as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to keep busy. Decent snacks, etc. I like everyone I work with.

Cons

No upward movement unless you happen to be buddy buddy with certain people in management. It's disappointing. These "favorites" get special treatment to the point of being utterly ridiculous and laughable - if it wasn't so unsettling at the same time.

People might be motivated to do more than the minimum if they felt they could develop their careers there.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Minted (View Most Recent)

Design Robot

Former Contractor - Seasonal Design Associate in Oakland, CA
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Design Associate in Oakland, CA

I worked at Minted as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I trained with was very talented, helpful, kind and professional. All of the design leads were great. Truly nice folks. Pretty organized. Nice office. *Free snacks, coffee. (*I don't care about stuff like free food personally-it's a red flag that they'll "own" you when that's a selling point - imo naturally-that's just me)

Cons

You're a design robot doing repetitive tasks which is only okay for a short time. Work quick or you're not getting work. Somewhat misleading as to how many hours you will actually work. Zero chance of full-time opportunities. Didn't get the sense that full-timers in design were super happy. There were significant issues with final print quality of product which is a big concern. Low pay.

After two stints seasonally I really don't know what they could do to make it better. It is what it is. Lots of orders that need to get out quick.

Fast paced and strong collaborative work environment

Current Employee - Design Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and strong collaborative work environment. Great business to work for. All of the employees seemed positive and happy to be there.

Cons

Typical challenges of working in one spot in front of a computer for 8 hrs can be expected. It was a bit difficult to get help sometimes when an issue would arise.

I would suggest just one thing, find a place closer to civilization. The Berkley building I worked at was so far away it was difficult at times to locate places to eat during breaks.

There are newer employer reviews for Minted