Minute Clinic

www.minuteclinic.com

Awful managers, no sick time, unreasonable expectations, no company support and unprofessional treatment of NPs.

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee)

ProsSomewhat flexible schedule, but with travel.

ConsI worked hard, saw more than 40 patients daily in the winter, but when it ot slow in the summer I was forced to take my time off, which was very little because I got no holiday pay, no vacation pay, no sick pay.
I was advised to "go with the flow and give antibiotics for colds" to keep the patients happy if they wanted it. Many patients walked in off the street with their own agenda demanding scripts. I needed to get protection from the manager at closing time and lunch time due to the lines and abuse if people were waiting as I couldn't even get through them to get to the bathroom. Managers never supported the NP who worked alone in the clinic the size of a bathroom, but without a fan or any ventilation.
Managers were threatening, disrespectful, and punitive. During heavy snow, I was told show up or be terminated. When the hurricane hit NJ, my location was closed for more than three days, during which that time I received no pay. MY hours were changed from 40 to 30 to 18 depending on the company demands. I couldn't count on regular pay to support my family.
Only the managers "friends," were invited to company NP dinners. New NPs had no support and had to call other NPs to ask them what to do when they were stuck.
The room has no ventilation; I spent most of my days off with upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, and even whooping cough. I couldn't call in sick because I had to obtain my own coverage which was impossible.
Managers from South Jersey was a bully with aggressive punitive tactics; Northern NJ manager was not interested in staff development, bullied, never praised fpr hard work, "the customer was always right."
Precarious position for NP- as patients walk in without any identification and are seen and treated. They often demand unreasonable treatment modalities, like Levaquin for a cold, or Xanax because they have a headache. They demand to be treated.
 Patients will, often, tell you that they are calling corporate if you take a bathroom break for even five minutes.
 Manager is not supportive of NP; WE, the NPs have no idea who we are treating, what their true identity is, patients come in with no identification in hand or on the electronic medical record, yet the NPs ARE TOLD TO RENEW OVER 200 MEDICATIONS THAT PATIENT MAY WANT, including psychotropic meds and birth control, and more, yet we don't even do a pregnancy test or know if these medications are for the patient or someone else.
New NPs have no experience and are put in busy clinics alone to work autonomously, yet they have no idea what they are doing; oftentimes, I had to offer telephone assistance to help NP get through visit treatment modalities and prescribing for patient.
This is job has no union and brings its 99.9% female NP staff back 60 years with poor and unsafe working conditions and no support or sick days as the hard working (8:30 to 7:30 pm) NP gets sick with all kinds of illnesses and no safety regulations for the NP (no ventilation).

Advice to Senior ManagementRead and learn. Punitive managerial tactics went out in 1950.

Disenchanted...

ARNP (Former Employee)

I worked at Minute Clinic

Pros: -work under clinical guidelines and professional collaborating physicians -upper management is respectful, but lacks… Cons: - hourly pay not really commisurate with job expectations - constantly decreasing clinic hours of operation (harder to make full time hours) and clinics are… Advice to Senior Management: NP are medical professionals well respected in the community and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

not so bad

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros: good place to be a family nurse practitioner for those who need solid support and a well thought out framework to work within. Great autonomy,… Cons: Too much corporate stuff - I don't want to do the job of an MBA or marketing manager. A little too much restriction… Advice to Senior Management: Less marketing and business growth should be put on the NP's - hire… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Minute Clinic.

Worked for Minute Clinic? Contribute to the Community!