Minute Clinic

www.minuteclinic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic

Think Twice about Working at Minute Clinic !!

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Minute Clinic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am planning to leave Minute Clinic to pursue better opportunities! I hope to never work in a "Retail Clinic" again if they are all like Minute Clinic.

Cons

It is really sad when you go the extra mile to work hard & provide quality care for patients and the only thing management is concerned with is quantity. It is all about the numbers for them - Only the clinics who saw the most patients ever get praised. The work environment is horrible, the area is much too small being boxed in all day for 10 or 12 hours. There are also so many administrative duties that take away from being a NP. You get to process payment , insurance cards, perform accounting duties & reports, clean , mop & empty trash for your clinic. All I can say is that MC must be making major $$$$ because you are doing the jobs that several persons would have in a regular clinic or office setting. If you call in sick or have a sick child you are still expected to come in or find your own help to cover. And if you can't, you are berrated by management . But on your days off expect to be called & texted numerous times because management has a desperate need to fill in a NP at a clinic. However they don't appreciated the ones they have because we are all burned out!!

Management plays favorites with certain NP's - these NP's get better schedules than the rest of us who are told that we will work at any clinic we are assigned, not just the one we were hired for. Management needs to have some compassion for their NPs and provide support instead of finding fault with everything- oh except when you are the clinic with the highest number of patients seen. Working at Minute Clinic is definitely the worst NP position I have ever had - I hope others will think twice before making the same mistake I did!

59 Other Employee Reviews for Minute Clinic (View Most Recent)

Small room, high volume, unsupportive company

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Minute Clinic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people that come in are genuinely appreciative of the care you provide. The computer software is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure to get the patients out in less than 20 minutes, 5 minutes for a flu shot (it takes longer than that to sign in a new patient). There are 1001 little administrative tasks that have to be done, which is okay if it's a slow day. However, on those busy days (which is the norm), there just isn't time to get everything done. Then there is the ridiculous practice of not being able to call in sick. If you awaken one day feeling poorly, or if your child is sick, you are expected to find your own coverage. Management is totally non-supportive, saying that "it's your contractual obligation to be there". It's really all about the money..they don't want to have to close a clinic for the day (presumably because they will lose their bonuses if that occurs).

Treat your employees as you'd like to be treated. Telling someone who has a sick child that they should "find someone else to watch them" is not supportive. Even worse, telling someone that is actually ill that they MUST go to work is just ridiculous.

CVS merge - not good anymore

Former Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Minute Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay scale, compensated for time appropriately

Cons

poor management, micromanagement style, timed and very punitive for doing a good, safe job. This company will hold employees back from any promotions when a visit exceeds the time allotted, but many times a patient comes in very sick, needing help, with little rescource or money. Now if you step foot inside the clinic, you will be charged if you have it or not - even if the provider could not help you. The providers do not by and large feel good about this new rule, and many times when it is charged for nothing offered, patients are disgruntled, rightly so.

company needs to apply rules and regs for patient safety, not only profit. Support for employees should reflect healthy practices for better patient care, not only profit for CVS.

There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic