Minute Clinic

www.minuteclinic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic

Work Life

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

Minute Clinic flollows national standards of care. We work independently. The pay is pretty good for the area i live in. I like having a complete electronic health record.

Cons

Right now they are changing many things including trying to bring more primary care type things in for us to be able to see. Sometimes there isn't great communication fromt eh corporate office down to the providers in the office. What you know and hear depends on how much communication you have with your immediate supervisor.

Corprate level management needs to figure out what its like actually seeing patients and working everyday at a clinic. many times they pass down things to us that make no sense or that are overwhelmingly difficult to get going at a local level.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Minute Clinic (View Most Recent)

Problems with the view of Minute Clinic

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

1.Minute Clinic has been owned by CVS/Caremark for about 6 years. It is headquartered out of Woonsocket, RI.
    2.When you ask for an address/location, it readily identifies the person answering since there are only 2 or at most 3 people working at any one of 600 locations in the 26 states where we are employed. The location is important when discussing pay which changes by area.

Cons

3.I wish I had thought of a better way to communicate with you. These problems can not be unique to MC. Couldn't you offer a county or state option?
    4. Will write a review some other time since I have been with MC for 8 years and think it is a great place for independent nurses who like the hours and fast pace.

What an Awful Corporation...... Avoid if possible

Former Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Columbus, OH

I worked at Minute Clinic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a pay check.

Cons

The list is endless. These are just the highlights
     1. Cook Book Medicine- take all of you education you learned in graduate school and toss it away, as it won't be needed. There will be 3 binders for you to cook/practice from.
     2. Reviews will be based on ridiculous patient scores and absolutely no accountability from the people who review your charts. If they say you did something wrong, then you did. Even though you followed the cook book Also if you wanted to do any chronic care like order a lab other than a strep DNA probe you are sorely mistaken.
    3. Horrible schedule- be prepared to work where ever works for the company - even if 40 minutes away and yoiu drive past all of the other clinics top get to your assigned clinic for the day. Also If you like to never know where you will work next month its a great place for you.
    4. Politics- if you like to kiss up a lot then this job is perfect.
    5. Treated like a trained monkey. If you can do, registration, a history, testing, physical exam, education and collect co-pays in under 10 min- perfect. However,some how the rapid strep test or flu test take 6- 10 minutes itself I am not sure which part was omitted. Just pray the patients don't ask any questions
    6. Basic healthcare at its worst. - people on here have said evidence based practice well i will give that some of there cook books do contain EBP- however so many of the referrals and reasons you cannot see a patient have no bases in reality and make absolutely no sense let alone evidence based practice
     7. Don't get caught helping cash pay patient go to another pharmacy, even if the medications are free else where.
     8. Management- just a joke. The must all be taught how to micromanage but, if kiss up enough you might get dog bone/treat, I mean a CVS gift card.
     9. It all about the money and numbers- how many more can you see 30, 40, and one daily God willing, 50. You are just a body that can be replaced with some other unfortunate soul.
    10. Get that master degree out so you can use it as a dust pan to sweep up the floor in your windowless, fluorescent lighted cell... i meant to say office. You can also use that paper to go clean the bathrooms. I think most prisoners in jail at least get a window. (even if it had bars on it, that would be better than nothing) And also your office for some reason has a thermostat in it. It is purely just for show, it actually doesn't go to anything. It just for decoration like the vents in the ceiling are. If you are hot get a fan and if cold get a space heater that your manager supplied but are not technically allowed to have at a joint commission approved and accredited facility.Heaven forbid if you get caught with ones if the joint commission shows up because that will all fall on your head.

11. And finally even if the patients are the rudest people on earth and even though it is posted what insurances the clinic accepted be prepared to get written up or scolded at for a patient waiting 30 minutes just to be told again we don't take your type of managed medicaid plan but since you waited 30 minutes and then complained for another 30 minutes here is a CVS gift card for your time and lovely complaints.

Don't just walk away but run away from this type of numbers and money only scheme.

And all of the 5 stars ratings on this website are just the higher up management trying to lure you into a trap of good pay but horrible treatment and work life balance. Be prepared for an antidepressant with in 6 month of being hired.

Just a FYI, all of the people who were hired at the same time I was, left within 6 months.

Come to reality of what this company was intended to do: reasonably priced, high quality health care. Not a one size fit all t-shirt that fits no one to wear.

There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic