There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic

Work Life

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

Minute Clinic flollows national standards of care. We work independently. The pay is pretty good for the area i live in. I like having a complete electronic health record.

Cons

Right now they are changing many things including trying to bring more primary care type things in for us to be able to see. Sometimes there isn't great communication fromt eh corporate office down to the providers in the office. What you know and hear depends on how much communication you have with your immediate supervisor.

Advice to Management

Corprate level management needs to figure out what its like actually seeing patients and working everyday at a clinic. many times they pass down things to us that make no sense or that are overwhelmingly difficult to get going at a local level.

reviews filtered by
  1. On the fence

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

Flexible scheduling, autonomous, compensation and bonuses

Cons

Every other weekend, call (including more weekends), unresponsive management

Advice to Management

Be more available. We are not a completely virtual company.

2. Not As Bad As You Think

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Minute Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good salary and benefits.
    -Cash bonuses for meeting or exceeding patient quota. No penalty if you don't.
    -Good schedule if you have an assigned home clinic. (See cons)
    -Nice discounts with many companies due to working for CVS.
    -You have to work weekends, but that's not unusual for health care workers. It's not an issue with me due to the shorter hours on the weekend. You still get to get out and enjoy your weekend after work.

Over all, I like working for MinuteClinic. I see myself working there for years to come, unless something better comes along of course.

Cons

If you don't have a home clinic and have to float, you could be driving up to 45 minutes to work. You should be told this during the interview.

Can be difficult to get PTO and CME days due to staffing.

Some managers will try to cover their own tails and push you under the bus. Know how to stand up for yourself and you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

I know this can be a tough business, but be there for your employees all the time and you'll get loyalty in return

There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic