Minute Clinic

www.minuteclinic.com

Work Life

Pros

Minute Clinic flollows national standards of care. We work independently. The pay is pretty good for the area i live in. I like having a complete electronic health record.

Cons

Right now they are changing many things including trying to bring more primary care type things in for us to be able to see. Sometimes there isn't great communication fromt eh corporate office down to the providers in the office. What you know and hear depends on how much communication you have with your immediate supervisor.

Corprate level management needs to figure out what its like actually seeing patients and working everyday at a clinic. many times they pass down things to us that make no sense or that are overwhelmingly difficult to get going at a local level.

Other reviews for Minute Clinic

Typically too busy in a box with miserable monotony and restrictive rules of practice

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Columbia, SC

Pros

Good co-workers throughout district, awesome manager (though over-worked), good attempts at support, competitive pay with incentive bonus. CVS employees were generally very receptive and good to work with. Guidelines are straight-forward, good access to support documents/links/etc. through computer. Patients are generally appreciative of the care model and convenience. Insurance process is pretty smooth once you get the hang of it.

Cons

I floated to many clinics in the district. In a busy clinic, very difficult to get a break, and patients do not understand when you leave the clinic for a break or lunch - I wouldn't mention it, but it happens a lot - they get upset, stare you down, etc, despite being informed verbally and via computer kiosk. Extremely difficult to work in a box all day without windows or interaction more than the routine exams that you do for 10+ hours each day. They talk about being innovative and changing healthcare...yes, but read that as lots of computer e-learning. Difficult to keep up with at times. Incentive bonus is set pretty high and is closely linked with patient satisfaction, and statistically speaking, unhappy people are more vocal than happy people (just read this forum!). Very limited scope of practice, and I agree with others that some things you can't see are frustrating for you and patients - and learning what you CANNOT see takes some time. There is a place for this type of medicine, but you must ask if restricting your scope significantly is for you or not. Think colds, sore throats, ears, and shots - that probably sums up 85% of your day. You are a one-person show. You have to justify why you clock out late, even if it is because you had a heavy load and had to clean and settle up only after closing.

The incentive bonus bar is set a little high to really be an incentive (to actually make a "bonus"). Make it much more well-known what you can and cannot treat so that patients will understand (the kiosk upgrades have helped some). People do not like to wait (a long time sometimes) to find out they can't be treated. You *have* to create a better exam room environment - put a window in, or a minimum, a line of site to a window, not just one if you stand on a chair and peer over the diapers! The exam rooms need to be just a little bigger - even 1 foot deeper would be helpful. You cannot use the trash, open drawers, etc. without asking the patient or family to move or lean out of the way.

Tons of very good paychecks.

Pros

I like to work by myself. If there is something I don't feel comfortable with, I'm not forced to treat it and jeopardize my license or integrity like when I worked in a private practice. I simply refer them out. You make your own schedule, and work 30-35 hours a week and still get full time benefits. If you want to have a baby, maternity leave can be up to 18 weeks (some of that unpaid, but whatever you can save up). All in all, Ive been here 14 months and am paying off student loans at a very fast rate.

Cons

Some clinics are extremely busy-you are paid the same as a person who works in a very slow clinic. Since I am in a busier one, I get exhausted at the end of an 11 hour day. However you do get a bonus based on productivity. It is a business and they do want you to see as many patients in a day as possible.

Don't make the bonus quite so hard to get, I work my tail off and better be getting the 10 G!

There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic.

Worked for Minute Clinic? Contribute to the Community!