Minute Clinic

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Clinic Lead/Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Clinic Lead/Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

The pay!! Our manager just got us a $10 increase in pay! WOW! I also love the people I work with. Everyone is very supportive and caring. You get to make your own schedule too!

Cons

Long hours... 11 or 12 per shift. Sometimes you can split these with other providers however.
Too much "other" work to do. We are expected to do a lot as NP's. My manager made this clear when I was interviewing and I agreed to it! I guess I can't complain about it too much.

More support for the NP's would be awesome!

59 Other Employee Reviews for Minute Clinic (View Most Recent)

This grass is green because there is a lot of fertilizer in it.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Minute Clinic

Pros

The company still matches the 401(k) at 3%; they still reimburse CME, for FT, up to $1500.00 annually, as well as reimburse DEA License application. Liability insurance is covered. Your colleagues are supportive.

Cons

In CA full-time is considered to be 30 hours per week! that is with working four 7.5 hour shifts; there was a change to this from three 12 hour shifts.

In a look-back period of 14 weeks, if you are FT, and you work an average of 25 to 29.9 hours your status will be changed to regular part time and you will loose your FT benefits and be placed on COBRA.

Although the schedule is supposed to be "flexible" it is not totally. You are expected to be available to MC over any other employment commitments; if it is found out that you have another job the “final” posted schedule will be left to you to find another provider to work the shifts you are not available to work. “Final post” are constantly changing throughout the 6 week period. Finding someone to work a shift for you is difficult because a lot of the part time and casual staff has either been laid off or quit due to re-structuing and job instability.

There is supposed to be a marketing department in MN, however when you are in the clinic you are supposed to walk the floor of CVS to tell customers about Minute Clinic; corporate believes that more customers will be gained from that rather than traditional advertising. There appears to be a lot of tail chasing because services come out without advertising and the providers are then supposed to drum up interest in the service and ultimately business.

When new services are rolled out there is no check-off process to assess the providers level of competency with that service, i.e. sprains, strains, sports physicals.

At one point we were told with sureness MediCal (Medicaid) would not be accepted because of their reimbursement amount, we are now having to turn in paperwork to be O.K.d to be a MediCal provider; you do not know what to believe from what you are being told.

Corporate may say they are interested in hearing from the providers but they make decisions about practice and do not ask about feasibility before initiating it.

If corporate is really interested in hearing the truth from the providers provide a forum without our immediate supervisor present, believe it or not, there is retaliation that does go on.

Working at Minute Clinic

I worked at Minute Clinic

Pros

Supportive co-workers but not physically present with you on the job - you have to call them if you need help. Limited scope of practice but that is slowly changing. Benefits like 401K, health insurance.

Cons

Poor management. All about the numbers. Constant change in policies and procedures. Tiny work space. Patients can be demanding and rude in the small work space. Overwhelming and exhausting during busy times.. When the computer system goes down, it's very stressful. If you need to change your schedule for any reason, then you need to send out emails to your coworkers to see if you can get a replacement.

Ease off the employees with so much change all the time. Make sure clinical management knows the providers well in a clinical setting and are familiar with the quality of patient care they provide rather than basing evaluation on numbers primarily. Larger work areas and an assistant are recommended for a more comfortable work environment especially when caring for rude or difficult patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Minute Clinic