There are newer employer reviews for Mirantis

Very competent peers, very impacting projects

I have been working at Mirantis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get a chance to work for a totally fantastic project. My first project was literally the best I could dream of.
Most of the people I met here are very competent at what they're doing, this especially includes higher-ups.
The salary is good (though not top of the market). If you get a higher offer, you can get a substantial raise.

Cons

The company isn't really trying to be more than just "good enough" in terms of work conditions. The offices are nothing like Google's, for example; they're dull, not very spacious, and the company doesn't provide food (which implicitly decreases the compensation).
Since projects get completed and new ones start all the time, you can get onto a dull project or get fired.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to improve professional experience

I have been working at Mirantis

Pros

Great place to improve professional experience, there are interesting projects, good medical insurance and compensation policy, comfortable working place, can start as intern

Cons

There are career perspectives and salaries which don't always depend on professional archievements. The company's decisions are sometimes not in favour of employees

Advice to Management

The company should be more patient to employees and provide career perspectives. Sometimes professional engineers leave a company because of their promotions and salary.

2. Glad To Work Here

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Mirantis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Mirantis has really given me great first hand experience of what it's like to be in an office environment. I feel fortunate to be working with a group of people who are really cool and easy going, and who are also good workers/employees. The tasks that I'm given usually aren't too difficult, and if I ever need help or have a question, there's always someone with an answer.

Cons

Kind of curious as to what it's like to work in other departments and what the workload would be like. Currently, I'm given tasks that can be done in less than a day. So sometimes I wish I had more to do, or that I had things to do to last me the whole week.

Advice to Management

Maybe have more of a plan for new hires (mainly interns) coming in and make sure there's enough work for them to do while they're here. Otherwise, Mirantis is a great company and a chill place to work.