Great team of people to work with

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Missouri Baptist Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, room for overtime, flexible scheduling, very knowledgeable support staff. Free gifts yearly. Free little luncheons at least once a year. Free parking in the covered garage.

Cons

There was difficulty transferring to another floor. The floor I was on was very busy and often it was hard to get a break until after 8 hours of work (in a 12 hour midnight shift).

It would be nice if the management focused on all the good their staff was doing instead of trying daily to audit (catch) anyone doing anything minutely wrong. Also physically helping the staff when they are overloaded instead of constantly attending meetings and being MIA in an office or off the floor.

Other Reviews for Missouri Baptist Medical Center

RN

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Missouri Baptist Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice facility, large corporation with ability to transfer to other department's. Part of BJC healthcare which is a large non for profit organization.

Cons

No leadership, I currently don't even know who the manager of my department is. People are rewarded based on who their friends are, not how good of an employee they actually are. Nurses are expected to stand there and "smile" while being yelled at by patient's, families, doctors and charge nurses. Ability to transfer but almost always considered a "lateral" move as a nurse. Very small raises, nurse there for over 5 years and base pay has only gone up less than $2 an hour. Health insurance increases mean I make less take home now then I did as a new grad. Poor HR department. I've worked many 12 hour shifts with no lunch and not even a break.

Very nice

Current Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Town and Country, MO
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Town and Country, MO

I have been working at Missouri Baptist Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, very happy there

Cons

There are none to talk about

There are newer employer reviews for Missouri Baptist Medical Center.

Worked for Missouri Baptist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!