Challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mitchell International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Tons of hands on experience + Real responsibilities and influence +

Cons

- Mitchell is slowly changing for the better, but still not where they want to be - Below market wages - Some politics

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

good coworkers, bad management

Former Employee - Medical Data Entry in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Data Entry in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours and great building and location at the San Diego Office.

Cons

Bad supervisors and mid level management in the data entry/medical billing side of Mitchell, many recent layoffs(over 40+) in that department in past year, No real job security for Perm employee which got replaced by temps to cut cost

Advice to Management

Need to replace management staff from director down to supervisors. Also need to have the new management sit down with there employees for a few hours and see how work is really done. Instead of micro managing each section not knowing what everyone does.

Run Away If You Are Thinking About Working Here!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to where I live.

Cons

This is THE most DYSFUNCTIONAL company I have ever worked at in my career! Most of the management is more of a hindrance to projects instead of helping them. Only out for themselves. How can any company properly produce software when only the management get bonuses for releasing features, not quality? Working the people underneath them to death. Even making them work long hours and weekends while they are unwilling to. I have to hand it to the sales team (non I ever meet while I was there) for the ability to sell the worse products I have ever seen. Even heard this directly from customers. Favoritism runs big including mangers from India hiring friends and laying off current employees to make room for more. Even going so far as bringing over pregnant women from India so they can have their babies in America! Mitchell has a very bad reputation as a software development company to work at in San Diego and that reputation only gets worse. The work area is horrible, benefits get worse and worse and pay raises are pretty much non-existent. The HR department makes it harder and harder to do your job, I guess to justify their existence.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. None of the senior management have any idea how to properly run a software company! Alex Sun has no idea what is really going on in his company. I don't think the entire time I worked there he even came into our area to see the looks on our faces.