Mitel Networks

www.mitel.com

Good Place to work, bad place to have a career

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThe pay was excellent for my region and benefits were the best I have found. Medical/Dental coverage was incredible for my family. Work Schedule flexibility was a major plus and being able to work from home was a tremendous advantage when kids were sick and had to stay home

ConsNo job is safe. Upper management tries to portray a very happy work environment telling the employees what they want to hear but at the same time planning the next round of layoffs. When Mitel took over Inter-tel they didn't take the proper steps to ensure that Direct Branch sales weren't competing with Dealer markets in the same areas and as a result almost all Direct Branches have been closed causing alot of good, talented, dedicated employees to be let go.

Management is not very forthcoming with any information and what they do publish makes no sense. They are looking more at saving money than making money, the technology is struggling to keep up with the rest of the market, except in the case of the 5000, and as a result Share prices are strugelling to stay above 2.50 a share.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould've paid more attention to the making money with the direct branches and less on where you could cut costs. What would've been a very profitable merger has turned into a debacle of layoffs and unnecessary competition between you and your dealers.

Neutral. The company is competing in a declining market space, telecommunicatons.

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Mitel Networks

Pros: Winston-Salem is not the corporate office so you don't have… Cons: Not being at the corporate office you have very little… More

Great co-workers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Mitel Networks

Pros: Great coworkers. Flexible in terms of working from home. Cons: benefits suck. No 401K. Sr. leadership has no vision. Focused… Advice to Senior Management: Need to act to retain employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mitel Networks.

Worked for Mitel Networks? Contribute to the Community!